VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD and Wife

Rate this question

Hoss

Question

I'm just curious if anyone else has had there "wife" call the VA and have your meds cancelled  based on her opinion that you are drinking too much?

I was finally put on a drug that provided some relief from my almost overwhelming anxiety and my constant irritability; it was actually working. I could carry on a conversation with most anyone and then the next thing I know my wife has called my psychologist who then called the psychiatrist who then discontinued my meds.

Just doesn't seem right...but I guess I'm crazy to begin with.  Funny...they are really going to see crazy now that I'm going to abruptly stop all meds!!!

Semper Fi

Hoss,

I completely understand the issue of lack of spousal support.  I get the same at home, except on the first of the month, then it's great.  Otherwise I get the "why you always going to the VA?"  Or "I wish you would quit messing with those papers" my STRs.   I said, "you never complain about the money every month, should I quit that too?"  She's always complaining about me being on the computer, either here on this site, or va.gov.  Well, when am I supposed to be on, when I'm at work?  I only have a little time before and after work, plus break time and lunch.  But it's fine for her to be on her iPhone all the time.  But really that's my fault too, I got it for her last Mother's Day. 

However, she would NEVER call the VA.  Or private doctor either.  I do find it rather interesting to read on here about the lucky few who do get support from their spouses, and wonder how my life would be if I had that too.

Keep fighting the good fight, and maybe try to accept that she don't understand.  How can someone who hasn't walked in our shoes understand?

Semper Fi.

Andyman

16 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I

thanks for your advice...I appreciate it.  My MH psychiatrist is out on leave and won't return until late next week.  I did speak with another psych and she said she can't help.  Do you think family members have the right to contact the VA about our particular situation and then act on it?  It does not set well with me.  By the way my wife is not an angle either!!! Maybe if someone can call in and stop the meds, maybe we really don't need them to begin with.  The more I think about this more pissed and disturbed I get. 

I will survive.

• HadIt.com Elder

Contact the Hospital Director

And let him/her know you only want contact (verbal or written) from VA to you ''only'' 

Absolutely no one else  next of kin included and spouse.

They can't keep calls from coming in but you can be put on the screening list and they will say sorry were not at liberty to discuss Mr Jones healthcare issues.

you want to protect your privacy.

• HadIt.com Elder

18 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Be a good Ideal if you and your spouse can get into marriage counseling and you stop drinking alcohol all together.   its hard but it can be done.

I agree.  The meds your on do not mix well with alcohol and will complicate things. Not to mention can and will have serious, even life threathening side effects.