VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD and Wife

Rate this question

Hoss

Question

I'm just curious if anyone else has had there "wife" call the VA and have your meds cancelled  based on her opinion that you are drinking too much?

I was finally put on a drug that provided some relief from my almost overwhelming anxiety and my constant irritability; it was actually working. I could carry on a conversation with most anyone and then the next thing I know my wife has called my psychologist who then called the psychiatrist who then discontinued my meds.

Just doesn't seem right...but I guess I'm crazy to begin with.  Funny...they are really going to see crazy now that I'm going to abruptly stop all meds!!!

Semper Fi

Jimmer,

Eggsellent! Hope the next phase goes quickly for you!

Vync,

I got the same, to some extent.  I hardly ever complain about my aches and pains, it falls on deaf ears.  But I must be ready to listen when hers bother her.  To her defense, now, she has has bunion surgery on one foot and is facing same for other, in the future.  She was only 36 when she had that done.  So, her aches and pains are legitimate.

As for your last line, Vync, I won't even go there...will just leave it at this...I can not even fathom the idea that anyone would do that for me.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
12 minutes ago, Andyman73 said:

Jimmer,

Eggsellent! Hope the next phase goes quickly for you!

Vync,

I got the same, to some extent.  I hardly ever complain about my aches and pains, it falls on deaf ears.  But I must be ready to listen when hers bother her.  To her defense, now, she has has bunion surgery on one foot and is facing same for other, in the future.  She was only 36 when she had that done.  So, her aches and pains are legitimate.

As for your last line, Vync, I won't even go there...will just leave it at this...I can not even fathom the idea that anyone would do that for me.

Oh man Andyman,
There was this one time before my wife got her RN. When she woke up in horrible pain and could not twist her back. I probed her muscles and said, yup, spasm. What's that?! I explained that's what I deal with daily and helped her out.

Once they literally have the opportunity to walk in your shoes and experience the exact thing you endure, they start to be able to relate. Well, at least some of them do.

Vync,

Does a muscle injury pyramid with a lumbar issue?  Reason I ask is a few years after I fell down the stairs I had spasms in my lower back L side, during formation pt.  It's a weak spot now, and is usually the first place that hurts when I do something dumb, like sneeze while mowing the lawn.

Yah, her feet don't fit in my shoes.  I remember when I was getting out, and mistakenly said to her, in front of her mom that I was filing disability claims with the VA.  They were horrified, why would I want to be disabled!?!  I tried to explain it, but no use.  That was a year before we got married.  18 years later and she still don't get it.  But I don't say anything about that in front of her mom, about that, anymore.

Worse yet is how she disparaged my twin brother about his issues.  He has 1 prosthetic cervical disc and 1 removed, with fusion.  During first surgery they nicked his spinal cord, making his herniated disc symptoms permanent.  He didn't ask for it, but tried to make the best of it.  Talk about adding insult to injury, and kicking a man when he's down, and pouring salt into his wounds.  She don't have to like him, but to trash him to my face....well....as an only child of an only child, I don't expect her to understand.

At least you got a much better deal the second time around.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
21 hours ago, Andyman73 said:

Vync,

Does a muscle injury pyramid with a lumbar issue?  Reason I ask is a few years after I fell down the stairs I had spasms in my lower back L side, during formation pt.  It's a weak spot now, and is usually the first place that hurts when I do something dumb, like sneeze while mowing the lawn.

Yah, her feet don't fit in my shoes.  I remember when I was getting out, and mistakenly said to her, in front of her mom that I was filing disability claims with the VA.  They were horrified, why would I want to be disabled!?!  I tried to explain it, but no use.  That was a year before we got married.  18 years later and she still don't get it.  But I don't say anything about that in front of her mom, about that, anymore.

Worse yet is how she disparaged my twin brother about his issues.  He has 1 prosthetic cervical disc and 1 removed, with fusion.  During first surgery they nicked his spinal cord, making his herniated disc symptoms permanent.  He didn't ask for it, but tried to make the best of it.  Talk about adding insult to injury, and kicking a man when he's down, and pouring salt into his wounds.  She don't have to like him, but to trash him to my face....well....as an only child of an only child, I don't expect her to understand.

At least you got a much better deal the second time around.

Hey Andyman,
I don't know if it would, but it might be worth asking in a new topic.

Guys, right now I am single, and the way things are going, I my stay that way.  I consider myself, a "up-beat, outgoing guy".  I hear all the time from women you are a "nice-guy why aren't you married".  I usually say  " I am a nice guy, because I am not married".  I have friends who want to fix ne up with someone, and I am opening to that provided they are "generally nice".  A lot of women are not.  I have met so many "miserable, selfish,  me-first, heartless" women, it is incredible.  Maybe I am being unfair, but that seems to be what I am seeing out there.  No thanks, I can do miserable all by myself if I choose to do so (which I don't).  Maybe one day one will come along,   but I do want misery.  Hell, if I want misery, all I have to do is watch VA screw up my disability claims!