VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PLEASE READ AND BEWARE

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

Hello to All,

I had to post this! I had a routine VA (one year check-up) today and I did not know my VA doctor that was treating me for the last 3 years retired. I walked in with my Kane and the new doctor checked me over for my ailments and asked the routine questions. I kindly answered all questions and then she dropped the bomb, hammer or an unusual question. My VA doctor stated, "I see you have a Kane and you have back problems. Mr.****, you have nice shoes on today, are they basketball shoes. My answer, yes! she then stated, well sir, how can you wear basketball shoes if you cannot play due to your back and many ailments?" I kindly said, excuse me, smiled and exited the building. Is it me or is the VA getting out of control?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Wow... Just WOW...

And I thought I was the only veteran with an airhead primary care doctor.

Continuing the bumbling logic...

1. If I wear a necklace, I must be Mr.T

2. If I carry a laptop, I must be a hacker

3. If I wear a Star Wars T-shirt, I must be Luke Skywalker

4. If the meds I receive from the VAMC don't work, I must be an addict (even though they refuse to give me pain meds)

5. If I am at the VAMC for treatment, nothing is wrong with me

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
49 minutes ago, broncovet said:

If I wear a Broncos number 7 Jersey, does this make me an NFL player?  If you go to an NFL game, thousands of people will be wearing NFL jerseys who do not play in the NFL.  Only 53 from each team, or 106 will be playing.    Therefore, your odds are AGAINST being an NFL player if you wear an NFL jersey.  Your odds are 106/1000 or about one in 10.  Ditto for tennis shoes.  

This reminds me of the story of the eye doctor.  The patient had trouble seeing with his new glasses.  So the doc puts the patients glasses on and says:

"I see just fine out of these glasses.   I have worn this prescription for years.  There must be something wrong with you, these glasses are just fine."  

That reminds me of The Three Stooges:

"I can't see! I can't see!"

"What's wrong?"

"I have my eyes closed!"

(bonk)

This is ridiculous and the hits just keep on a comin.  For the good that the VAMC do provide, their faults and drawbacks are just too overwhelming.

I am a little touchy on this subject as of late because of a VA providers remark.  I tried to get my meds covered by the VA, you know for the conditions that the VA states I don't have, and it was a no go.  Either all or none.  If I want the VA to provide my meds I have to go by the VA primary care provider's approval.  I'm over 50% so ALL my care is to be provided by the VAMC, hard to take care of my health problems when the VAMC is constantly trying to discredit my character because I stated today is a no so bad day.   

RRRRRR.  Enhancing calm.  These tactics, this behavior, really has to cease.  I'd wish the VA would do what they signed up to do , that is to provide quality care of OUR NATIONS VETERANS not just dogging US to the ground.  WE all did our job, our SWORN duty, it is about TIME, the VA and responsible agencies RECIPROCATE their OATHS to care for OUR NATIONS BEST.  BECAUSE THAT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

Okay I will stop here as, it is way too early to get riled up so soon in the day.  JMO

I think Groucho hit the nail on the head when he said "I would not want to belong to a club (VA) that won't have me as a member."

I wonder how those medical types face themselves everyday, when they deny a Vet any kind of medical care, considering the Hippocratic oath states first and foremost, "first do no harm".  Hey I'm a Dr. working for the VA, let's see how many Vets I can mistreat or misdiagnose today!

Careful Andy your starting to sound as disgruntled as I am.:tongue:

Oh, well, I sure don't want go there, just want to be "gruntled"!

Why is it that anyone who has real authority or legal standing, can't see what we go through?  Goes right back to why suicide rate among Vets is so much higher than national average.  And why so many of us feel like we have no where to go or turn.  The VA is turning so many of us "away" from the care and services we earned, by denying claim after claim after claim. 

Yes, we go to all our appointments, and ask questions and so forth.  But when it comes time for a claim, and C&P...it becomes "Oh sorry, Andyman, there is no nexus or DX or treatment of symptoms in your SMRs showing this began in service.  Oh, so because the AD military drs chose to ignore, or not treat our complaints, it's not really there, even though it's in the SMR once, twice, or more.

Hey look at me, when I'm talking to you!!!  Can't you see me??? ( arms waving )  I'm standing/sitting right in front of you!!! Here I am, what about me???  I'm not a number or a statistic, I'm not invisible.......I'm not a ghost of what once was.....Hello? 

Hello?

Anybody there?

Why can't I see myself in the mirror???