VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PLEASE READ AND BEWARE

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

Hello to All,

I had to post this! I had a routine VA (one year check-up) today and I did not know my VA doctor that was treating me for the last 3 years retired. I walked in with my Kane and the new doctor checked me over for my ailments and asked the routine questions. I kindly answered all questions and then she dropped the bomb, hammer or an unusual question. My VA doctor stated, "I see you have a Kane and you have back problems. Mr.****, you have nice shoes on today, are they basketball shoes. My answer, yes! she then stated, well sir, how can you wear basketball shoes if you cannot play due to your back and many ailments?" I kindly said, excuse me, smiled and exited the building. Is it me or is the VA getting out of control?

Frankly, in my opinion, that is my own, because they are part of the system and need to part of the system in order to sustain the system and themselves. 

I have a bunch of big dog shirts with various sayings on the back I happened to wear the one that said beer me on the back and faced relentless questions about my drinking even though I don't drink. I had two doctor appointments that day and doctor number two would not stop the questions about drinking. First doctor must have put something in there about my shirt.

Hi,

That is an inappropriate comment if I've heard one.  My heavens, what a judgemental doctor.  What an insulting thing to say to a Veteran.

Hang in there but change doctors.  This one is way out of line.

HG

Is there the slightest chance, this was an attempt at humor? Some Vet's have really bad days and aren't in the mood for any type of humor.

What do your MHV Clinician's Notes for that appointment, indicate?.

I realize this may be Politcaly Incorrect, what was the Dr's ethnicity? Shouldn't reallymatter, but sometimes it does.

Give some thought to sending the Dr a MHV Secure Msg discussing the comment. See what he has to say. Your Msg & his response will become part of your VA Med Recds.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

You all need to listen to tonight's show. We will discuss this issue.  It will be interesting.

The show is 7:00pm eastern.

Jbasser