VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qtc? They Are Slower Than Varo

Rate this question

KennyJ

Question

Does anyone have any experience with QTC doing their C&P exams. According to VARO they are the reason that my claims haven,t been being rated yet. Took exams in July and August and they have not been returened yet. Its amazing the ways the VARO finds to cause distress to vets. I wonder how they would feel if their pay was held up for months and years.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You stated "The one C&P that I mentioned above was obviously a "CANNED" evaluation bent to denial. There was stuff in it that was not looked at nor mentioned during the C&P. Much it was certain canned lies, designed to deny. The other 2 C&P were not that way

The QTC could care less what rating a veteran receives, They get paid for the C&P exams one way or another. If they were really out to get you, wouldn't you think the other two exams would have been like the first one? There isn't any conspiracy!

Prior to writing your C&P, QTC will have all your SMRs, recent VA C&Ps, and VAMC records.... the whole file. But, most likely, you will not see the file. One 1 QTC C&P, I did see the file and it was the entire thing

If the doctor needs to make a nexus statement, they better have your entire file in front of them! Of course you won't see your file. You aren't the doctor. If you need to see your file, just request to see it at your RO and/or request a copy of it. They aren't trying to hide anything from you!

They will not only base their evaluation on your examination (10 minutes), but also on your C-file

Like I said before, if they need to make a nexus statement, they better have the thing in front of them for consideration.

Thus, the QTC report is more than a C&P and becomes the basis for the Rating Board's decisions. Thats what their contract states in its Statement of Work, I am sure

A C&P exam is just that, an exam so the RVSR can evaluate the veteran's disability(ies).

But, I am sure that QTC uses templates designed to deny. But, if the facts are in your SMR, then QTC is dead.

Like I said, they could careless what rating the veteran gets. They get paid regardless.

I am sure if my SMR facts and IMOs were not reviewed by QTC, my QTC C&Ps would have been disasterous. The SMR, IMOs, and VA medical records saved my QTC evals.... for sure. I developed my records way before the QTC evals..... and shot QTC in the head before they could pull their guns

One has to remember, medicine is science and no two doctors are the same. There are bad doctors the world over, not just working for VA and QTC. Just look at all the malpractice cases out there.

Vike 17

Edited by Vike17

I had a C&P exam in Feb of 06. The whole thing took about 10 minutes. The other 2 I had previously took about 45 minutes each. As a result of the Feb 06 exam the RO proposed cutting my % from 50 to 30. some QTC doctors are lazier than others and do not take the time to do what they have to do. I got a IMO from a non-va doc and a statement from my va doc and was able to keep my 50%. I didn't even have to go to a hearing that I requested. My vetrans service rep took the medical records to the rating officer and in 3 days the rating officer finished the review and found in my favor. I believe that QTC keeps the va contract based on what they deliver. They have written into the contract what percentages they can maintain for va. If you look up qtc medical services in a google search it will list the quality assurance goal and things of that nature. Some va hospitals have va docs that do the C&P exams but I do not know if Va Fayetteville N.C. has va docs that do this. Anyone know if Va Fayetteville does this? Dale Jr. 8