VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain relief with Alpha-Stim?

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

One of our hadit Vets had emailed me about the Alpha Stim, for paid/depression relief.    Apparently VA is/may consider one for him.  I dont know if these work or not, but I may just ask my PCP for one.  Of course, that takes weeks or months.

Is anyone else familiar with http://www.alpha-stim.com/

?  

19 hours ago, Doc8482M8404 said:

I believe that Alpha-Stim is sometimes helpful some but its not for everyone!!

I have had it used on my ear lobe weekly for weeks at a local acupuncture clinic. I didn't see any difference in anything.

The VA wants to give me an alpha stim for a pinched nerve I've had for over a year, instead of fixing it. My first session was last week, and it did nothing at all. So, I looked up reviews. Took a while, as several pages on google are all FROM alpha stim. But, finally, I found independent reviews from doctors. They almost all said the same thing: there is no proof or factual research that says this device actually works for pain relief of anxiety/depression, but might actually work more as a placebo. If you feel it making you dizzy when connected to your earlobes, then you think it's working. It's right up there with acupuncture. They tried that with a friend instead of a new hip that went bad. Guess how that turned out. Now, he's crippled for being made to wait too long, and is waiting for his turn for surgery. As for me, I think the disk is breaking down and is starting to pinch on the opposite side, causing new and worse pain.

1 hour ago, Mark72365 said:

instead of fixing it

If you can get it fixed then good. But remember that once you are cut on there is no going back. I have had a neck fusion and I don't think it helped.