VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AskNod: will travel, brings airgun

Rate this topic

Matthew Hill

I went to the National Organization of Veterans Advocates seminar this past weekend in Las Vegas.  The best surprise of the weekend was getting to meet Asknod in the flesh and seeing his airgun.  I've gotten to represent over a 100 vets on Hep C service connection cases dealing with air guns.  I've read through a ton of medical research and talked to lots of docs about these cases.  But i've never seen one of these air guns.  Asknod says that there are only three left in circulation.  It was a real treat to get to check it out.  Thanks for sharing!

P.S. I can't imagine the look on the TSA folks' faces when they scanned that thing

Excellent, Matthew.  Please share with us some of what you learned at NOVA.  Not the whole thing..maybe just the most important.  

By the way did they talk any at all about the SMC S (housebound criteria) in Howell vs Nicholson?  The way I read Howell is that the Vet need only be housebound FOR WORK, its just plain false that the Veteran cant ever leave the house at all to get SMC S.  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet

I think the SMC -S  H.B. Can & will be deferred by the VA  When the veteran meets the SMC Criteria either by one disability or Multi Disabilities After a 100% rating and additional 60% on increase or different disability as we know here on Hadit...Its the rating a veteran has and has to meet the SMC Requirements/Criteria.

I never ask for it  but when I went from TDIU P&T with a 90% combined rating  I filed a PTSD Claim and was Rated 70%...so the VA Combined the two ratings from a SMC Rating tables scale...if the Veteran meets the SMC Criteria then the VA Inferred the SMC S

I can't find in the CFR'S where the Veteran can't never leave his home?

In my opinion It's just a myth that the VA Dr's use and make statements about ''well if you can come to the VA for your Appointments then your not Housebound''...I ask a VA Dr to show me where it states that in the CFR's...He couldn't...I said here I have my lap top let me look it up..of course he never had the time.

The VA Dr's & Probably the VA knows most veterans don't know the CFR regulations and not Veteran friendly and they don't want to see a veteran get his/her benefits...Now why they ''might'' think that is anybody's guess.

And they keep your ratings separately. 10%sc for this 50% sc rating for that 70% sc 90% sc rating 100%sc rating for this  ect,,ect,,

but keep in mind they use the SMC COMBINED RATINGS TABLE SCALE ON ALL SC RATINGS to see if the veteran meets the Criteria for SMC.

jmo

...................Buck

Edited by Buck52

The key to the SMC is not whether the Veteran can leave his home but rather leave his home to have substantial gainful employment. Two very different concepts but the VA likes to make things complicated and clear as mud. 

Just gotta hose off the horse manure.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ain't that the truth Mr A  :smile:

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use