VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2 retro checks??

Rate this question

Tommyb44

Question

I just checked ebenefits,  and it said under payments that they had mailed me a check for my retro on my just approved claims.  Unfortunately,  it was processed before I had put in my banking info...not a big deal.  My big issue, though,  is that they also processed it before i put in my dependent info as well.  I know, I know,  I'm new to this .  Since that happened though,  will they send an additional retro amount, or will they just lump it in with my monthly amount?  Thanks everyone in advance  

Several years ago, I too, forgot to add my wife to my claim info. After filling out the form to add her, it took 2 years to get the additional lump sum deposit. They said it had a low priority.  Also, don't forget to claim for your past Rx copays. They will send another lump sum payment,  going back to your claim date.  Hope this helps.

The last part helped, but telling a guy with ptsd, who is losing his job, that he may wait years for his money isn't wonderful.   You were just being honest though,  so thanks.  Anyone more recent?  I'm hoping the system has improved 

I received my Retro, minus CDRP, before I knew the claim was complete.  I input my dependents bc they dropped all of them (this seems standard) and I received that retro within a couple weeks.  The final retro for my CDRP (the biggest chunk) came at about the 3 month mark from when the claim was Rated.  This was all within the last 6 months, so pretty current, BUT I do not live where you live and EVERY SINGLE RO is different, so my timeline and yours may differ.  Aloha, bruddah, I miss my Islands, need to visit!

I got 3 separate retro checks once ( Chapter 35 tuition payments).It sometimes happens that way

CRDPhttp://www.military.com/benefits/military-pay/concurrent-retirement-and-disability-pay-crdp-overview.html

We have considerable info here on CRDP and CRSC.

IF you retire or you are medically separated from AD and receive payment from your Service Branch, they either deduct that amount from your VA payment OR, if it meets the requirements, they give it to you regardless, BUT the whole process needs to play out between DFAS and the VA.  It seems to take about 2 months for this verification right now, though mine took a little longer.