VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confusing Claim Status Change

Rate this question

ZachN73

Question

Hello! Excuse me if I posted this in the weong section but I have hit a hicup in my claim process. 

Yesterday my claim changed status to preperation for notification. Then today it changed again. It went to Review of Evidence but in the notes it says the notification letter was sent. Also under disabilities it now says I have a rated 90 percent. 

So my question is, do I just need to wait for it to update? Is it possible this is some famous ebenny glitch? 

Also my estimated completetion date changed from 3/29 to 6/06-10/20. 

Did it actually go back to review of evidence even though it says notification sent AND it now shows I have a rating on my profile? 

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

"Did it actually go back to review of evidence even though it says notification sent AND it now shows I have a rating on my profile?" 

"Also my estimated completion date changed from 3/29 to 6/06-10/20."

The claim process has "steps' that involve different individuals. As each gets the package, they may ask for more information, make a pass it on the process decision,

or even make an actual decision. There are multiple steps in the "review" portion, that seem to be more extensive when it looks like a claim will be granted.

It's the old miller bit about wheat and chaff. As milling gets finer, the chaff increases, and it's harder to tell the difference.

On top of that, bureaucratic entities will evade/avoid making a decision until they are required to do so, even when the decision may be quite obvious.

The confusing thing to me is it went through every step with no issues. In recent weeks it went from preperation for decision then to awaiting decision approval and finally preperation for notification. Leading me to believe it had been approved. Now its back to review of evidence? I dont get it. 

• HadIt.com Elder

In short, a lower level believed the claim was ready. An upper level asked for either more evidence, a further evaluation of existing evidence, or just plain didn't want the claim to "sit" on his/her desk. Some also claim that there is an under the table  practice of controlling the number of claims per month, and the outcomes. Think quotas. A complex claim may go through this back and forth process several times.