VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success multiple myeloma/burn pit, chemical/jet fuel connection

Rate this topic

MCCFR97

I jumped off the board while I worked on preparing for my DRO hearing, this board can stress me out at times. Here's my timeline

10/2015- applied for VA benefits based on stage 3 MM/ caused by chemicals (benzene/TCE's) I am NOT qualified under Camp Lejune/ Vietnam AO or Radiation.

12/2015- recieved denial from VA

2/2016- turned in N&M along with a DR nexus (I did NOT pay for, it's from my treating oncologist)

3/12/2016- recieved letter of DRO hearing on 3/22.

3/22/2016- DAV Rep called me at 0730 said he got a call from the DRO who told him I do NOT need to bother coming in for a hearing, my evidence was overwhelming and he had already approved my claim. 

3/23/2016- ebennies changed last night, shows I have no "claims in progress" and it is now in Historical Claims, shows a descision made and talks about verifying my dependants. I saw the letter that is coming in the mail.

6 months from application to approval. It is possible to connect the two but you really have to have your gear wired tight.

My Hadit mentor was/is Gastone. He has been a good friend and a wealth of knowledge. If it had not been for the little things, like making my statements Sworn Affidavits etc I'm not sure my stuff would have looked as good as it did. Good enough where they balked before the hearing. 

I post this for my burn pit cancer vets, you can win if your outside all these presumptive time lines, just follow the science and talk to your oncologist, once I explained what a nexus letter was she was more than willing to help. 

Thank you hadit for the board, and thank you Gastone for your help, friendship and ear for all those times I bitched.

And finally props to the DAV my VSO, he did me right he actually studied up on my disease so he knew what was up. Thank you! And the VARO, I have read horor stories about the VA. I'm a boot, this is my first and only claim. I was really flying blind but the VARO was fast, attentive and they really did good service, faster than SSDI. So you won't hear this often but thank you VA and DAV, this is a feather in your cap.

Semper Fi

Edited by MCCFR97
Added thought

Heh congrats, well done. As much as I loathe the VA tactics every now and then the agency actually treats a Veteran correctly.  Good read and congrats once again. Take care.

I am so glad Gastone helped you, he is a valuable and diligent member here.

This is Great news!    And I commend you for getting those ducks in a row (the evidence) and following his advice.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use