VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Locked out of premium upgrade?

Rate this question

floridanurse

Question

Hi! I tried to upgrade account on Ebenefits to premium and it locked me out and won't let me upgrade. I have called 15 different people and no one knows what to do? I even was told to go to a Rapidsite, (we have on Eglin AFB and Hurlburt Field AFB } and......guess what! they don't even know what the hell I am talking about? The answer was that I should go to a VARO, well...........that is 8 hours away from me.  anyone ever have this happen?  I have talked to VA, VSO and both Air Force bases here! no one has any damn idea what is going on.....I have called ebenefits customer service and DEERS as well........no luck! can anyone add to this? I am at a loss! I have a myhealthevet premium account! I now need to be able to get an ebenefits premium! cant these two be linked? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! FRUSTRATED

You need to go to YOUR LOCAL VAMC, probably the librarian.  They are in charge of "in person authentication" for ebenefits (premium) accounts.  I had to get a password verification from my VAMC librarian.  

If your VAMC does not have a library, go to the director's office, if you must, and find out who is in charge at your VAMC to authenticate (in person) ebenefits premium accounts.  

While its possible VA abandoned their "in person" authentication requirement for a premium ebenefits account, but somehow I doubt it.  The need for computer security has not gone away in the last several years since I got my ebenefits premium account, but has gotten more important than ever.  Its to protect against hackers.  

Example:   Lets say you had a neighborhood tenage kid come over and he was a friend of your daughter or son.   Lets further assume he is a computer whiz, and needs money.  

YOu had logged into ebenefits, and told your computer to save the user/password.  

Then this teenage boy could log in, and change your account where your benefits are deposited to an account of his choice.   Its your worst nightmare.  

Have this tatood on your arm to remember it:

" VA employees (or VSO's)  dont always tell Veterans the truth".  

Many will tell you "anything" to get rid of you.  Call someone else.  The VA has to have "someone" who can unlock a locked up account.  They will NEVER ever be held accountable for anything they tell you.  There is no such thing as accountability at VA.  VA employees LITERALLY get away with murder.  

This nurses aid beat a Veteran to death and still sees more Veterans and kept his job.  No kidding.

https://www.rallypoint.com/answers/va-employee-charged-with-beating-elderly-patient-to-death-still-employed-at-va

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hi FloridaNurse,
Have you tried this link? It is at the bottom left of the ebenefits site.

https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/contact

eBenefits Questions and Technical Issues

1-800-983-0937

Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm ET

There is also the ability to chat with an agent on the link above.

Chat with a live agent about eBenefits Log In or Registration

Monday - Friday, 10 am to 6 pm ET. Chats are limited to registration and login assistance for eBenefits. Specific details about your claim cannot be discussed.

I hope this helps!