VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Interesting regarding my FDC claim/NOD

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

So most know on here my situation.  I filed an FDC back in January for several issues to include 100% temporary convalescence for right foot due to left ankle.  Right foot is NOT S/C so since my left ankle caused the fracture I put in the FDC.  After filing the FDC, my NOD finally processed and I had my DRO review hearing last month.  I noticed after receiving my C-file my FDC was "RTR" ready to rate but I assumed that it was going to wait until AFTER my DRO hearing and all those issues were resolved.  My NOD included all my feet issues.  Ebennies showed Preparation for Decision back in February and so it sat.  Well today I checked Ebennies regarding my FDC claim and I notice that the date has now changed to 4/4/16-4/9/16 from an out date of August 2016.  I am wondering if this means they are working on both my FDC and my NOD?  Wouldn't that be nice????

I know I know I know that Ebennies timeline is UNRELIABLE but I find it interesting it bumped up to next week.  Wish me good luck please!!!!

N4L, if you click on the question mark it states that the estimated completion date is based on statistical analysis of how long it took similar claims in the same stage to close.  That being said, a 5 day window seems strangely precise.

8 minutes ago, green said:

N4L, if you click on the question mark it states that the estimated completion date is based on statistical analysis of how long it took similar claims in the same stage to close.  That being said, a 5 day window seems strangely precise.

Oh green I totally agree....it's just interesting it went from May to August time frame of Preparation For Decision to that one week time frame in April.  Of course, will just let it be.  I check Ebennies every now and then.  I am sure I will hear from my DAV rep before Ebennies is ever updated.  I have a pretty good hunch the FDC is not going to be completed until the NOD is completed since they are pretty much linked b/c of my feet/ankle issues.

Edited by Navy4life

I haven't looked at my ebennies since Feb.  Figured, wtf, Y even bother?  Just adds more fuel to the fire, salt to the wound, one more kick when you're down...

Wow, you actually hear from your DAV rep, at all?  I can't get them to call me back, ever.

Hope your news is awesome.

Navy, "Assuming," anything with the VA Rating Dept, is an exercise in futility.

As to E-Ben, I posted how my opinion of E-Ben, changed 01/03/16. A Decision by the "Phantom SR Rater, 1st part of 12/15, reversing a 07/15 Increase Denial, was listed on E-Ben and the New Compensation amount was also listed. Retro Deposit didn't hit till end of Jan and I just received the Official Award letter 3/8. Somebody at E-Ben is on the stick.

Your DRO Hearing is still Pending? How long since you filed the NOD? What N & M Evidence did you submit?

Semper Fi