VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I have to Rant about VA inefficient!

Rate this topic

I have a VA issued Pace maker/ defib, And its home monitoring unit that is supposed to call home when I have a major heart problem. Last evening we had a power outage and naturally the monitor stopped working. My new ICD was put in July of 2016. This morning the monitor was flashing yellow lights. So I called Boston Scientific Help line. They checked and the tech says my monitor was NEVER activated by the VA. So I have been unmonitored since last July. I called the VA monitoring office in San Fran. and they still had my old phone number ( changed over a year ago in the VA computer system! This is not the first time that this has happened, My 1st pacer was from Medtronics and when it was changed to a Boston Scientific unit  the VA record was not changed for over a year.

All this gives me a lot of confidence that I am in good hands at the VA!  NOT! 

Since you are not well, with a pace maker, I will do my part in complaining about VA health care for you.  

VA health care is much worse than even you can imagine.  They were not kidding when Vets died because VA had secret appointment lists.  

Of course, there is no accountability from VA, so they move on to the next time where VA executives conjure up methods to harm Veterans where VA execs will benefit.  

Let me know how well Im doing in "picking up the rant" for you.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Wingnut,
Wow, that's creepy! 

Same thing happened with my CPAP machine, a Philips Repironics. I got it from the private hospital where my wife works and is the same model provided by my VAMC. It came with a module on the back which would automatically upload results. It worked for three months, but when the VA took over monitoring, they said they would not pay the $15 or so a month for the automated monitoring. They just told me to pop out the chip and bring it in to be read. But that's just a CPAP machine. The VA dropping the ball for your pacemaker is really scary!