VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received DAV letter of award

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

So I received the DAV "official" letter last night in the mail ATTACHED.  I am curious as to why the 100% temporary evaluation is June 3rd, 2015 to October 1, 2015????

Look at numbers 2 & 3.  I also got SMC housebound for the same dates.  What is puzzling me is I had my surgery to my right foot January 6th, 2016.  I know my right foot is not yet S/C as it is under appeal but I was granted the 100% temporary evaluation for my left ankle b/c it caused my fracture to my right foot.  Any idea why they went back to 2015???? The dates they awarded me the 100% temporary evaluation, does that mean I am getting 4 months at 100%?

#7 and you will see the wording "not shown" for right foot.  I am very happy they gave me the 100% temporary evaluation but puzzled about the dates.   

#5 - My left ankle stayed at 10% but they added additional contentions to it. Will I also get a re-evaluation for my left ankle you think?

Will I get the back for the increase from 60% to 70% with my temporary 100% for the four months?

I am still waiting for the BBE to come in the mail.

DAV letter.pdf

Your DAV letters are only a summary. Wait for the actual award letter. The statements and basis of the case usually will list all contentions and the award, and what was used/how it was determined. 

CAS

• HadIt.com Elder

Looks to me like the dates are wrong, wait until you get the official letter and check the dates.

if they are the same   call your RO and let them know and get a confirmation    not just by phone but ask them to send you a correction on it in the mail.   don't trust them over the phone

usually they pay the difference in the compassionate  from the date you filed to the next month April  or if its not to much they will just pay a lump sum to catch you up and after that you will get the correct Temp Conv  Pay  for the 4 months & then the correct pay for your increase is added each month after.

you might ask about the delay? April & May?

JMO

Well UPDATE!!!  I got the retro today for 4 months at 100% with SMC housebound and the 60% to 70% of 3 months too!  SWEET!!!  Now to wait on my NOD to come through!!!!  Nice to wake up this morning to that in my account!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Navet4life

Maybe they paid on the dates you had the surgery? if it was in 2015? or the for the time you were laid up?

Congratulation to you Mam.   Enjoy that retro.

btw  when and where is the Party...:smile:

I hope you stay with Hadit  your a great help  helping out other veterans.

Way to go!................Buck

Edited by Buck52