VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Called 800 Number For Info

Rate this question

Tower_Rat

Question

Well everyone I called the 800 number this morning to find out about my claims. They said they were rated and the POA or VSO had the information and that they couldnt tell me anything other than that since it was just rated this morning. I dont know if that means there wasnt enough time to input information in yet or what? What they did tell me though is that it was at the VSO's now. Only problem is all our VSO's are at training in a different city. So I cant find out until tomorrow what this is all about.

Anyone know if thats standard procedure or practice after a claim is rated? I guess the big question is why would they send it to the VSO or POA and not tell me what the out come was. The person at the 800 number told me that it didnt show on the screen favorable or unfavorable or anything really, just that they sent it to the VSO or POA. Im on the edge of my seat waiting for this stuff.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Tower Rat

Call the 800 number again and maybe the next operator will tell you the facts. The VA staff does not want to tell you this stuff and I don't know why because some will tell you and some won't. I had the VA tell me right over the phone I was rated 70% and all the details. Just keep calling.

This sounds like SOP to me- because the VARO 800# PC screens take time for updated info.

Yet the info could be sent to the VSO in the meantime as well as to you-

I would check the mail for something from them as well as check back when the VSO gets back.

I think the long waits for these decisions adds so much stress and anxiety to veterans-

How long has it been since you filed the claim?

Hey Berta thanx for the Infomation. I filed back in 2005 but, tried to file something back in 88 which I dont know which one their using. Im just hoping for at least one of them to go through. Your right about the stress and anxiety of waiting for sure. It took me 19 months just to get a C&P for this stuff! I tried to send you a PM but, your mail box is full. :huh:

Thanx John Ill keep calling also, maybe the screens will update. They should really be able to tell a person anything over the phone since they go through the whole security thing with name, branch of service and date of birth to confirm whom their speaking with. I think since it was rated just today maybe they dont have the info updated yet.

My VSo told me that any decision comes to him first for "approval". I don't know what the means and it didn't happen. When my claim was denied I had to fax the rating decision to him. go figure.

I called again this time the RO said that it goes to the POA or VSO not for their approval but, for them to look at on their screen to make sure that everything that was claimed is on there and that they double check it for any mistakes on the claim. They cant change what it says as they can just view it. Then they tell the RO that they have looked at it and the percentage if any and logg it for their files for the veteran. So really in all these cases maybe the VSO should know before the claimant because they have to look it over for any claim mistakes.

Heres a question... what if you didnt have a VSO and were working by yourself on your claim would they just tell you then over the phone? Its interesting how they do all this stuff to say the least.