VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is eBenefits up to date

Rate this question

BoneyWV

Question

First time post, long time viewer.

Quick question. Is eBenefits typically up to date? For example, my TBI claim is in the prep for decision phase, and has been for some time. Will I see an update on eBenefits before I get something in the mail, or are the chances high that I will randomly receive an envelope in the mail with the VA's decision before the site even updates? Seems like i check at least five times a day for an update. Or, is this another "case by case" or "depends on the region" etc. Thanks. 

Btw, love this blog/forum. Waiting has made me nearly insane, but I have a little hope after reading some of the success stories and other vets' stories. Though, trying not to get my hopes up. 

From what I've read on this forum, and what I've personally experienced, the section of ebenefits that reports the status of claims and the status of appeals is like reading tea-leaves.  Yes, it does give you an idea of where your claim is at in the process, but it seems dated.  In addition, as you progress through the stati, you may find your case moving backward at times for no apparent reason.  Most hadit folks will agree that while ebenefits is a habit, you would do better to get a hobby and wait for the big brown envelope (or BBE), or cash in your account.

Good to go. Thanks. Just curious. My two year old daughter keeps me busy all day. I'm a stay at home parent, but gotta admit it lingers in the back of my head. Several knocks to the head and I forget simple things and how to do basic math. Sometimes I wish I could forget about this process for a bit  lol. Thanks all. 

24 minutes ago, BoneyWV said:

Good to go. Thanks. Just curious. My two year old daughter keeps me busy all day. I'm a stay at home parent, but gotta admit it lingers in the back of my head. Several knocks to the head and I forget simple things and how to do basic math. Sometimes I wish I could forget about this process for a bit  lol. Thanks all. 

Yeah.  The process becomes part of you.  Your inner being and who you were in the past, and who you see yourself as now,  is so tied  up in the VA claims process.  Not to mention your pride.  And here the VA is poised to call you a liar and deny your claim.  Seems very adversarial.  But if you can, forget about for awhile, and spend some more quality time with the kids.

7 hours ago, BoneyWV said:

I feel your pain with my tbi and obsessions of my claim. But Ebenefits is getting a lot better just this week alone my appeal base been in three stages and now with a VLJ. It said it on ebenefits so called the status line to confirm. It was posted the same day as it occured on ebenefits. I'm sure everyone has a bad experience but it doesn't mean we all do.

Often times a magic-8-ball is more accurate than eBenefits.  Or to put it in VA terminology "a magic-8-ball is at least as likely as not to be more accurate than eBenefits"