VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is eBenefits up to date

Rate this question

BoneyWV

Question

First time post, long time viewer.

Quick question. Is eBenefits typically up to date? For example, my TBI claim is in the prep for decision phase, and has been for some time. Will I see an update on eBenefits before I get something in the mail, or are the chances high that I will randomly receive an envelope in the mail with the VA's decision before the site even updates? Seems like i check at least five times a day for an update. Or, is this another "case by case" or "depends on the region" etc. Thanks. 

Btw, love this blog/forum. Waiting has made me nearly insane, but I have a little hope after reading some of the success stories and other vets' stories. Though, trying not to get my hopes up. 

Copy all. I figure if I had 10 different samples or cases of eBenefits and a matching/accurate timeline I'd have 10 different results. My regional office is Cleveland so I've heard bad things. My local VA hospital seems ok and efficient, but this is my first rodeo and I could be misled. Hurry up and wait I suppose. 

Nothing the VA does is up to date with any status you get when you check ebenefits or any of the numbers you call. I once called in three times one day once to the appeal line and two other times to the office of case management and got three answer. From administration processing to awaiting a Judge to pick up then later in the day and magic it was with a VLJ. This was on the 5th then it moved 7th and again 14th. This appeal has driven my TBI residuals to the point where I wish I could just forget it exists like I forget other simple tasks in my life. Like driving an hour away just to realize I had forgot what I was doing. 

I there must be a Magic Decoder Ring in in a box of cereal that got lost. I do not understand what Ebenefits keeps writing and changing. Never makes any sense. Different words, phrases, and dates come and go. Like if you put 1,000,000 monkeys on typewriters (computers) there is better chance on an intelligent word being written and understood.

==========================

I had  a BVA hearing March 2016 (1151 from 2014). The VA keeps changing dates and in Ebenefits. I just don't understand write.

Plus, I never got a BVA hearing for hearings requested in 2009.

====

what is pending disabilities? good or bad?

===========

This section shows status updates for your Open Appeals.

Table of Appeals
Latest Progress Status Description Received
06/21/2016 Pending Hearing Request / Scheduling You have requested a hearing before a Veterans Law Judge. Currently, your hearing is awaiting scheduling, or has already been scheduled, but has not taken place. 03/11/2016
07/26/2012 Appeal Pending - Notice of Disagreement VA has received your Notice of Disagreement. You will be receiving a communication from VA in the near future describing the next steps of your appeal. Date not available

=====================================================

here again:

Unexpected Error

We're sorry, but an unexpected error has occurred. Please return to the main site and try again.

Customer Support Information:

Error ID: 1467070344575
Server ID: ManagedServer002

=====================

Status of a pending claim

Published 07/26/2004 09:01 AM   |    Updated 07/20/2012 02:58 PM

Edited by retiredat44

On 4/7/2016 at 5:08 PM, jfrei said:

I feel your pain with my tbi and obsessions of my claim. But Ebenefits is getting a lot better just this week alone my appeal base been in three stages and now with a VLJ. It said it on ebenefits so called the status line to confirm. It was posted the same day as it occured on ebenefits. I'm sure everyone has a bad experience but it doesn't mean we all do.

When your status in the ebenifits closed did you see your rating change too? I’ve seen my appeal close out and my rating is same. This closed today. I called VA and it appears I have to wait for package but if they made decision today wouldn’t my rating increase show right now ? If I was getting one. I think mine is denied and I’ll have to hire lawyer or something. It’s such a shitty ordeal. 

Usually you would might see it on the letter generator if any news you would also see in payments history a new payment if retro is due. So I can’t say for sure it’s a denial but it’s at least    Likely or not if after a 10 days no updates... also did they say the notification been sent out if drop by the RO if local

Edited by jfrei