VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Top Stinger

Rate this question

Top Stinger

Question

I have been diagnosed with depression by my VA PCP and referred to a Social Worker with the same diagnosis.  I was sent to pain management class which I have completed and now I have been referred to a Behavior Activation for Depression and Anxiety Class which I am now attending.  The Psychologist stated this class is for us to change our behavior how we deal with pain.  I want to file a claim for depression secondary to pain.  My question do I need to wait for a diagnosis from a Psychiatrist before I file my claim

Edited by Top Stinger

My current Service Connection is Degenerative joint disease in both knees 10 % each knee, Bilateral Foot Pain 10%, Pain dislocated elbow 10%, Ankyosis left ankle 10 %, cubital tunnel left wrist 10%, tinnitus 10%, and hearing loss 0%

Thanks for the Link.  My current Service Connection is Degenerative joint disease in both knees 10 % each knee, Bilateral Foot Pain 10%, Pain dislocated elbow 10%, Ankyosis left ankle 10 %, cubital tunnel left wrist 10%, tinnitus 10%, and hearing loss 0%

No.  You dont need to wait to file.  File now.  The sooner you file the sooner your benefits can start.  They MAY start later than the date you apply if the doctor gives a different date he says your disability began.

The regulation states that your effective date is generally the later of the date you applied or facts found.  There are multiple exceptions to this general rule, tho.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Some great information above.

JMO,I think the PCP's now don't likem to fil out the DBQ's

They may have use to do it but if you can get yours to fill it out  hell yes please do.

I ask my PCP to fill out one for my claim one time and she said she can't  its not what she does  ''I need to go see the DAV  They are the ones to help with claims''..I said well Dr they are not Doctor's There VSO's...she said Well I will be sent to a C&P ...so I just shut up after that....my DBQ even stated it needs to be filed out by a MD or your treating PCP.

It is hard to get a PCP to fill out one anymore  especially at my VAMC anyway.

..............Buck