VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

R762

Question

Are there any other Veterans on here that were at the Pentagon 9/11-9/30 for search and rescue/recovery? I was denied PTSD in 2005 (VA said it wasn't service connected), I appealed it, but never received a letter that the appeal was denied, at that point I said f-it and gave up on the VA. I created an ebenefits account recently (December 2015) and it says that appeal decision (denied) was made in March 2006. I am still having issues. I am reopening the claim for PTSD. I have the VA ROI from 2005 that shows all the VA Psychologist and LCSW notes on file chronic PTSD and GAF:40. I was going to that VA clinic 2004-2006. went back in 2009 to get prescription for nightmares and flashbacks. shit is still not going away.

Were you there when it happened? When you did the rescue and recovery did you pick up and remove bodies/body parts ?. What did you see. Thats a traumatic experience but these are the things they will look for. It's good to have letters from  others on scene. Did you see a Psych DR after the incident as part of a mandatory lets talk about r fillings kind of crap. I know of some Coast guard guys who are SC for for picking up bodies of migrants that died at sea and were floating out there for a long time so they were all burned and stuck to the rafts. It was kids and babies along with adults and I it was multiple occasions over years in service. I know they showed the examiner logs and buddy letters of the incidents.  Its bullshit you can't get SC for that to me that's a no brainier especially with body recovery on 9/11

Edited by Silent Uproar

On April 11, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Silent Uproar said:

Were you there when it happened? When you did the rescue and recovery did you pick up and remove bodies/body parts ?. What did you see. I am sure it was traumatic but these are the things they will look for. It's good to have letters from  others on scene. Did you see a Psych DR after the incident as part of a mandatory lets talk about r fillings kind of crap.

We were across the St. I have about 10 buddy statements from other soldiers that were there "next to me", yes, there were a lot of remains/bodies that we came in contact with and moved (I prefer not going into detail out of respect of those that died). I have 2 military awards and a Noble Eagle certificate with facts on it. I did not go to counseling while I was in (my mistake), I was a PFC and was doing my best to fulfill my duty and didn't want to deal with the peer pressure BS. None of us admitted we needed the help when we did/nor did some of us realize that we should have really sought that help. They held a meeting at Conmy Hall at Ft. Myers. No-one was going to freaking stand up and be called out by their peers, during that meeting too we also signed a packet disclaimers that were collected at Conmy Hall. I don't remember if that was during or after the search and rescue efforts. I think it was shortly after our duty was over at the pentagon. Our Company was sent to JRTC following 9/11 as OPFOR (probably to get our unit's mind of things)... then we really didn't talk about it.

Edited by R762
It was Alpha Company 3rd US INF REG. that went to Ft. Polk, I put unit, not the entire Unit.

Please scan and attach here a copy of their denial letter if you can. Cover the C file #, name, address, etc prior to scanning it.

Were the packet disclaimers some sort of phony BS waivers?

That GAF is very low...my husband's was at 40 and then at 34..(100% P & T SC PTSD).but they don't use GAF anymore.

Is it possible that a copy of the denial is in your ebenefits historic claims area?

Your C file would hold a copy of the denial too.

Something is wrong here.

We can help if we can read the Reasons and Bases and Evidence list for the denial.

I found this at :

http://vets.yuku.com/topic/147901

Combat vet who also was at Pentagon 9/11 and he got a BS PTSD denial too. He might have an open email addy there and maybe you could check with him as I don't know how he made out by appealing the claim.

That disclaimer stuff is very concerning to me.....I don't suppose you were given a copy of what you signed????

Disclaimers usually intend to prevent someone from doing anything about something.....

My daughter has the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and the Noble Eagle too I am sure, but her MOS was classified, Top Secret in the Mil

but I think maybe these were awards for all servicepersonnel who served during 9/11 with some direct input into the immediate actions our Mil took  during and after.

I think the buddy statements you have would be critical as well as a complete copy of your inservice records...SMRs as well as your 201 Personnel file which you can request on a SF 180 at the www.archives.gov web site.

1 hour ago, Berta said:

Please scan and attach here a copy of their denial letter if you can. Cover the C file #, name, address, etc prior to scanning it.

Were the packet disclaimers some sort of phony BS waivers?

That GAF is very low...my husband's was at 40 and then at 34..(100% P & T SC PTSD).but they don't use GAF anymore.

Is it possible that a copy of the denial is in your ebenefits historic claims area?

Your C file would hold a copy of the denial too.

Something is wrong here.

We can help if we can read the Reasons and Bases and Evidence list for the denial.

I'll have to hunt down the C-File. Should I ask my DAV representative if he knows where I can get this? I hate to say it, but I think I ripped and burned the denial letter in 2005-2006(?) out of rage. I've tried to request my C-File through ebenifits or MyHealtheVet. I have a copy of the fax (and fax received receipt) I sent to the freedom of information act officer asking for all my files the mil has on me. I'll try to get those files somehow.

Edited by R762

YES, the DAV rep might well have a copy of it...maybe......

are they still  repping you on this ridiculous denial?

These are 2 9/11 PTSD vet claims at the BVA...both different circumstances, but awarded:

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/view.jsp?FV=http://www.va.gov/vetapp11/Files3/1121148.txt

http://www.va.gov/vetapp09/Files1/0909116.txt

It astonishes me that these awards had to come from the BVA ( adding years to the wait) probably ,in my opinion, because the ROs employ illiterates.