VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

R762

Question

Are there any other Veterans on here that were at the Pentagon 9/11-9/30 for search and rescue/recovery? I was denied PTSD in 2005 (VA said it wasn't service connected), I appealed it, but never received a letter that the appeal was denied, at that point I said f-it and gave up on the VA. I created an ebenefits account recently (December 2015) and it says that appeal decision (denied) was made in March 2006. I am still having issues. I am reopening the claim for PTSD. I have the VA ROI from 2005 that shows all the VA Psychologist and LCSW notes on file chronic PTSD and GAF:40. I was going to that VA clinic 2004-2006. went back in 2009 to get prescription for nightmares and flashbacks. shit is still not going away.

16 hours ago, TSmith1974 said:

I was there for 9 days with Honor Guard Company (The Old Guard), pulling body parts out and pulling security in the corridors and on the roof.   We saw some pretty gruesome stuff and even had our asbestos alarms going off before we entered the Pentagon.   The VA gave me 10% with no pay.   Thinking about filing for an increase.   Should have done it years ago. 

Bring buddy statements and be straight up with them how it has effected your life and your family’s life. “Noli me Tangere”