VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase once more

Rate this topic

demeat

Hadit members,

Thanks again for yall very informative knowledge.  I have been increase again from 60-80% and only have a couple of things pending.  I couldn't have done it without all of yall help and support.  It really helped my case when I was able to email the Secretary and it really lit a light under the folks who were holding my file hostage. 

Also I was wondering, I currently have my appeal pending with a lawyers office and I am nervous being that I have now been granted to 80%.  If I happen to get to !00% do I have to stop working ?

10 minutes ago, demeat said:

Hadit members,

Thanks again for yall very informative knowledge.  I have been increase again from 60-80% and only have a couple of things pending.  I couldn't have done it without all of yall help and support.  It really helped my case when I was able to email the Secretary and it really lit a light under the folks who were holding my file hostage. 

Also I was wondering, I currently have my appeal pending with a lawyers office and I am nervous being that I have now been granted to 80%.  If I happen to get to !00% do I have to stop working ?

Congrats on your increase.

A veteran can legally work with a 100% combined schedular rating as long as that 100% rating is not for a sole mental health disorder.  With that being said, if a veteran is granted 100% schedular and continues to work VA will try to re-evaluate to reduce his/her combined rating percentage.

Great to hear you have had another success!

Congrats on the good news, and as stated above as long as you do not have a 100% for MH rating alone. Now, remember that if the VA knows you are working, they can always come back and request to Review a condition. I just went thru this last week. I am 100% P&T, and have not worked since 2013, yet I was just reviewed. Only you can decide what is best for your family, and if you are willing to risk your VA Compensation check. Good luck and God Bless

mine are for different conditions that have added up to the percentage.  I do sit down type of work due to my knees and feet, but I am actually one of the few people who actually like what I do and would like to continue doing it.  I just don't want any madness to flare up later on due to my service conditions that I was granted disability for.

The truth of the matter is it really does not matter what your conditions are because the older you get the more problems you will have.  The facts are that once a person come to some type of disability those conditions get worst and not better with age especially physical conditions and mental conditions.  Keep in mind that you can also get SSDI and VA disability.  I had a government job that I really liked and my VA doctor told me that I should quit before things got worst but I continued to work until my disabilities would not allow me to continue and then I had to quit.

Edited by pete992

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use