VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

24 X 48 ILP Greenhouse

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

VA sent out their Voc Rehab counselor to present me with the Individualized Independent Living  Plan (IILP). They chieu hoi'd and are not going to play keepaway. Seems someone in DC said "We don't want to see this at the CAVC." Full size and full hydroponics. He forbid growing pot in it though as its a federal grant. Two year plan and they pick up the propane and electricity bills during that time. All the hydroponic computer gear, 12 2000W halide lights, raised tables, storage tanks, pumps. Plumbing, wiring and propane gas utilities hooked up. Just add seeds (not included). It only took five years and a trip to the BVA.

amen.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations Alex

I bet your excited and can't wait for them to break ground.

I am happy for you & this gives other veterans hope.

I'm sure  you & others will enjoy & benefit  from this for years to come

Way to go Buddy.

.................Buck

Edited by Buck52

In behalf of homeless Vets everywhere, I hope they get a nice greenhouse like this in every city..to feed homeless Vets.  It seems like they gave enough for their country with their service and no place to hang their hat, so maybe they deserve some tasty organic vegetables.  

The VA tried their absolute hardest to make me one of their homeless Vets, a victim of the long backlog.  

If you have the time, perhaps you could make some sort of a ILP template

"how to" including links to the applicable regulations, for Vets.  

Presently, Im currently considering an application for ILP.  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

I can't think of anything that would benefit me, I did get a few things from IILP back years ago that helped me  things like shower Bars & listening devise's however I do need a computer mine is old as the hills.

They can pay off my mortgage for me that would help  ...Don't see that happening  eh!

Anyway I don't get out much anymore, I may need to go see if my PCP will get me a recommendation to see the eye clinic  my sight has got fairly bad lately & just don't have the energy I use to.

I go see my VA PCP Friday 15th   Guess see what happens.

I hope Alex getting approved for his Greenhouse from IILP will in courage other veterans out there to take advantage of there earned benefits.

.........Buck

Alex, do you have a project manager and a schedule yet?

Negative. I just received the IILP proposal yesterday morning about 3 hours before the meet and greet. I wanted to go over it with my attorney. They wanted to cut the program's duration to one year from two. That, quite obviously, would limit their exposure to a year of propane and electricity bills. At one point, the counselor suggested a 60-day rehabilitation schedule as I had amply demonstrated my ability to grow vegetables. I negated that with the reminder that I now have newer 100%,40% and 30% ratings on top of what I had when I filed in 2011 for other debilitating diseases and might need time off to accommodate their side effects. It appears they have been instructed to wrap this up pronto and quit arguing over the fine points. 

A comprehensive medical assessment has been called for to make sure I am capable of accomplishing this. The actual "break ground" date is tentatively 1 August. This will permit me to finish my gardening this summer.

VA makes the IL Program seem unattainable. All it requires is a commitment as intense a a claim for SC. Nothing more. Nothing less. Had they not "lost" a NOD and VA 9 over the five years of the litigation, I suspect I'd have received it in 2014. But then, that's why we always advocate using a green card so there can be no "he said-she said". 

VA is very stingy with ILP funding. Why, I do not know. There's plenty allocated to the program for us all. Simply multiply 2,700 eligible Veterans every year times a maximum entitlement of $180,000.00 per Veteran and you can grasp what they are hoarding. I attach a redacted version of the Individualized Independent Living Plan (IILP) for you all to see what they look like. Theresa likes to point to our power as Veterans in our vast numbers. If a lot of you swamp the system with ILP requests, eventually this program will regain its meaning. 

New IILP for 2016 redacted.pdf

Edited by asknod