VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Decision - Total & Permanent but.......

Rate this question

tom91

Question

Based on Ebenefits, they have closed my open claim and awarded me additional ratings. I was already 100% combined; however, when I go to Documents/Records and retrieve a VA benefits summary letter, it shows YES for 'You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due soley to your service connected disabilities. The commissary letter goes on to say it is permanent and not scheduled for any future exams.

Here lies my question......would any of these state unemployable if the VA decision was that I am total, permanent and unemployable? I realize this will be all spelled out when I get the yellow envelope in the mail but thought others with experience might be able to let me know what I should see on these.

Thanks!

The letters in EBenefits say P&T but no reference to unemployable so I'm trying to figure out if that means the VA did NOT deem me unemployable, just P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

YOU NEED TO CALL THE  1-800 # & Ask  and tell them to send you a letter with what you are currently rated.

Don't mention rather or not you are P&T those Idiots will tell yes when your not  so always get it in writing.

It should mention all of this in your original Award letter.

Anytime you call the VA don't just take their word for it  have them to send you a letter detailing your current ratings and benefit's 

jmo

................Buck

That's just it. I haven't received my notification letter yet. I'm just trying to determine the unemployability part based on what the letters read that I can retrieve

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to take a break and get your mind off it for a while  and just wait for your official packet. it should have all your ratings and why and how they determined their decision.  they will include a NOD form if you disagree.

Its always hard to determine what your rating is on the Myhealthyvet Notes, your official award letter will be your decision.

So wait until you received it and go from there.

Sorry.  You have 2 choices. 

1.  Conjure up different senarios of how you think ebenefits is spot on and can be trusted.  Given that we know ebenefits to be unreliable, you would be better off going fishing, camping, visit your grandchildren, plant a garden, or clean out your garage.   You can also make a plan on what to do with the money, such as 

a) if its over 20,000  b) if its 10-20k  c if its less than 10,000.  

2. Wait for the BBE and the deposit in the bank and read what the decision says.  

I favor the later part of option one or option 2.