Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

File With Bva Veterans Law Judge

jfrei

Question

Being so close to a finish line  is like your last 3 weeks on deployment and you start the count down of hours then minutes and there is never a good feeling its ever going to end. I just received this response

"Dear Mr. Frei,

Your appeal is here at the Board of Veterans' Appeals and is currently being reviewed. If you're referring to the date change on eBenefits, that is when it is assigned to different attorneys on the VLJ's staff. Review is proceeding on your appeal in an expeditious fashion since this has been Advanced on the Docket. 

It has been with the VLJ since the 5th on this month and has moved on the 7th and 14th, now everyday waiting for the date to change. Does anyone know how many times it bounces around the VLJ before a decision or an idea? I have seen 7 in past posts.

It should be soon in this case.

However, I have seen timelines where "with VLJ" had date changes in excess of 10 times.

I have seen "with VLJ" changed to "Administrative Case Management", which is a real "rat hole".

Don't get your hopes to high that it will be "the day after tomorrow", but don't worry that it won't happen.

Be patient, and stay off ebennies.  ;)

• Like 1

Barring a Remand, only the Wiz of OZ, really knows.

I hate to say this, E-Ben might actually have info regarding BVA Decision, before you do. If it weren't for the E-Ben Comp Letter posted 1/3/16 and the Retro Deposit mid 01/16, I wouldn't have known the RO Mystery Rater, was reviewing and Awarded a recent 07/15 Decision. No idea if BVA Decisions will appear fast or slow.

You might want to read VA Attorney, Chris Attig's post of a discussion with an actual BVA Judge, regarding the BVA process. Much more incite, than we can offer.

Semper Fi

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TexasMarine said:

It should be soon in this case.

However, I have seen timelines where "with VLJ" had date changes in excess of 10 times.

I have seen "with VLJ" changed to "Administrative Case Management", which is a real "rat hole".

Don't get your hopes to high that it will be "the day after tomorrow", but don't worry that it won't happen.

Be patient, and stay off ebennies.  ;)

I hate Ebennies it's a click away and when it changes you get so anxious you can't stop checking Why did they invent the internet for phones?

• Like 1

Yes barring any remands.

you should take a break from ebenefit's and keep your self busy with something else  it can eat at you and cause you all kinds of headaches if you let ebnny's consume you.

My PTSD Claim was completed and I got the decision packet in the mail, I went to look on ebenfit's to see what all they mention about my claim decision  and it was still  in ''gathering evidence''

as for as I know there still gathering evidence  but it did show my claim was completed and showed the added benefits.

I think they forget to hit that update button or something?

jmo

..........Buck

• Like 4

God, does this bring back memories- (Buck and Gastone) ?  DEROS. FYGMO. I'm so short I have to stand on my boots to tie my laces//FY Sarge. I'm short// No way I'm walking point// You must have me confused with a cherry// I forgot how to throw a M 26// Sorry. I was drinking after 2300 Hrs. Take me off flight duty// I think I will probably have Extremely Trashed Or Hammered disease  until___/ ____/ ____  (DEROS)// PCOD is in three days.

• Like 4

Aside from being a boot lace expert who runs a comprehensive boot lace site, who are you and what do you do? How did you become a  boot lace expert Shorty?