Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. Many folks use Ad Blockers and I understand why, I would ask that if you want to support HadIt.com and help keep it online add HadIt.com website as an exception ×

Does an Increase claim move faster than a FDC new claim?

Wayne TX

Question

Just curious if anyone has asked for and got a rating increase and how long that actually took  A to Z time-wise?  I would think a well documented Increase meeting criteria guidelines fully would move faster than even a FDC claim?  But never had an increase claim come up until now.  Is an increase treated separately if you also submitted a new claim along with it at the same filing time? Does filing together hold either back until both are decided, or does an increase move at a faster clip than a new claim done at its own pace?  Thanks in advance for any answers.

Edited by Wayne TX

wayne

you need to make your text  bigger  its hard to read...for me it is anywayz.

As for as filing an increase does it slow your current claim down?

The VA will just add it to your current claim and award accordingly   so no in my opinion it should not slow your claim down. they look at when you file for increase on a  claim   any evidence you submit will be used in that claim for adjudication.

I You file a separate claim  the claim you filed before that will be decided before the second claim.

jmo

....................Buck

• Like 1

It's  a Lot Better  Thanks!

Thanks Buck......appreciate ya brother!    I'm trying to learn more so I can hopefully join you and others here helping Veterans with their Q's. Hadit is an invaluable service for Vets who can not afford legal representation or get decent direction from inept VSO's  to at least have a fighting chance with some advice through trial and error.

Edited by Wayne TX

Well as I received a response on my FDC claim of you anything else pending they cannot process it as an FDC but combine it all together and drag their feet. But if you only have one to process it might go better then mine.

Your Welcome  Wayne,

I think we all have to start at the bottom and learn & Research a lot of VA Law & get familiar with the VA Acronyms.

I have learned a lot from hadit elders  such as Ms T ,(founder of hadit)  & members aksnod, berta , broncovet, gastone, georgiappapa,, pete 992 Phillip Rogers,and others & from just reading a lot of hadit post.

And I know I have a lot more to learn, just ask here on hadit your VA Questions  and do a lot of research yourself   familiarize yourself with the C.F.R.'s & VA Language &VA Forms,  Using the Correct Claims Forms are vital today.

I hope you learn a lot about veterans claims and be successful with your claim's and stay on here with hadit and help other veteran accomplish this fight we all endured at one time or another.

................Buck

• Like 1