VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Untold Award percentage

Rate this topic

Kelvin

I went to see my VA Doctor last year for the first time. I was not diagnosed with anything just see my new Doctor because I moved in the area. I was awarded 60% in 2009 10% for my back and 50% for sleep Apnea. I went to get re-evaluated for my blood pressure in January and two months later I was awarded 60% for it. That bumped it to 80% but I didn't know why but at the top of the page it read I was awarded 10% in February of last year. I was never told that and I looked at Ebids at least once a week. Am supposed to get back pay for the 10% I didn't get back in February of last year.

Unfortunately it is hard to answer your question because the 10% increase you received could have warranted a retro payment but then again if your overall combined rating percentage did not change then there would be no retro pay due.  VA loves to grant a veteran a 10% increase and back date it but if the overall combined rating did not change then no retro  payment would be due.  You can call the 1-800- 827-1000 number and ask for that February 2015 rating decision.

I talked to my VA rep about a week after I got the paperwork and she told me that I may see it next month. I am just trying to figure out why I was not informed about the 10% increase last year and told I have a 20% this year. I had 0% for High blood pressure but last year 10% and now 20%, its just confusing. Thank you for responding to my post pete992.

First, go to ebenefits, and see if they have your correct, current address.  It often happens when the Vet moves and does not notifiy VA and VA mails your decision or even C and P exam orders to your last known address.  

If you moved and did not inform VA of your new address, then you can still request a copy of the decision.  Its possible your VSO can give you a copy if you filed through a VSO.  

If you get the decision, read what it says, and we can give a better answer if any retro is due on your 10% last year. 

If you do already have the decision, you can look at the effective dates for yourself on the mystery 10%.  

Let us know, and we can help more.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use