VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Criteria the VA uses to assign a 50% rating to VA Sleep Apnea Claims has just changed

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

yes the link I Put up above is out dated (2013) my point was the VA was preparing for this new change Chirs Attig Mention to Ms T...

So a bunch of us are trying to find the new S.A Changes...I been looking in the M-21 Manual  and not yet found the change?

.............Buck

No one, including me, said that just having a medical need for a CPAP ensures a rating. The blog implies that vets that already have CPAPs will now need to have this letter of medical necessity to combat a rating reduction. You still have to have an in service connection for SA- this change to M21 doesn't change any of that. Hence my confusion due to the blogger seeming to say that this change is a huge deal. If your doctor prescribes your machine you already have the 'necessity' part covered. The SC consideration is still on you and your doctor to establish. 

Just having a CPAP is not a 50% rating, nor should it have ever been. 

• HadIt.com Elder
52 minutes ago, Vync said:

Not to take away from the content in this topic, my father was SC @ 0% for a heart issue over 30 years ago. It did not rise to the 10% criteria, but DIC is on the table though.

Vync

My point is  if the VA says you have a disability but we will SC IT AT 0%...Because the SC Disability does not meet VA Criteria for compensation....to me that is just BS

IMO if you have a SC disability or Just a disability   that means you have a part of your body this is render disabled and should at least at the least warrant a 10%rating....Its good if a veteran can get a  0 % rating for obvious reasons  and that's good.

This is just my opinion....which I know the VA Could care less about.

...........Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

I just think the VA should warrant a 10%rating at the beginning and do away with the 0%SC

I know some will disagree with me and thats ok.

but that would mean the veteran does get what he deserves & be on the DIC list  with pocket change & at the same time for peace of mind for him/her and the family.

jmo

.............Buck

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
27 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Vync

My point is  if the VA says you have a disability but we will SC IT AT 0%...Because the SC Disability does not meet VA Criteria for compensation....to me that is just BS

IMO if you have a SC disability or Just a disability   that means you have a part of your body this is render disabled and should at least at the least warrant a 10%rating....Its good if a veteran can get a  0 % rating for obvious reasons  and that's good.

This is just my opinion....which I know the VA Could care less about.

...........Buck

Yeah, I know. I have a couple that are NSC at 0%, but didn't realize you could be SC at 0% too.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
20 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I just think the VA should warrant a 10%rating at the beginning and do away with the 0%SC

I know some will disagree with me and thats ok.

but that would mean the veteran does get what he deserves & be on the DIC list  with pocket change & at the same time for peace of mind for him/her and the family.

jmo

.............Buck

I agree completely. You're either SC or your not. No more grey area.