VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Next claim going down range finally

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

Well, its that time again, wish me luck!

Finally put it all together and will be dropping it off at the CVSO tomorrow.

1. Increase rating for right foot plantar fasciitis.  Currently 10%, 2008.  New issue, cortisone shots and orthotics.

2. Secondary left foot/ankle problems caused by above.  Recently diagnosed with; Pain in Joint of Ankle and Foot, Ankle/Foot Instability, Pain in Limb, Difficulty in Walking, Bilateral Hammer Toe, Achilles Tendinitis or Bursitis, Tenosynovitis of Foot and Ankle and decreased Range of Motion. I was prescribed a ankle brace for my left ankle for stability.  Dr. also mentions my limp in my first visit note with him, so that cant hurt.

3. Secondary rating for heard disease caused by hypertension (currently rated at 0%, 2008).  Recently diagnosed with; Borderline concentric left ventrical hypertrophy and Mild tricuspid regurgitation.  I also asked if the heart disease pre-dated the hypertension (I have an irregular EKG from 1999 while in the Army) and if the heart disease should have been found at the time of the hypertension in 2004.

That and a bunch of medical records supporting same.

So we will see where that takes me.

I am currently at a raw 72, so a 10 gets me 80.  Which will help.  90 is probably out of reach for me currently as I am doing pretty good and don't see any biggies coming up.

I will keep posting any updates I get from the puzzle palace, and of course my up coming C&P's.

Thanks for caring,

Hamslice

P.S. Don't let me forget to call the VA back and schedule my colonoscopy.  The bastards want to probe me again......

Edited by Hamslice
left vs right mistake

1.  According to be a chairman report county service officers have the worst win loss record of all. If u are  comfortable go a head and use him,tho.

2. I don't recommend applying  for to specific of things such as plantar fasciatus.  Your c and p examiner may well say u don't have that, but u have something else like peripheral neuropathy.   Instead apply for all foot issues including but not limited  to pn, etc.  This  may save years of appeal  delay because docs differ on their diagnosis 

broncovet,

I did that exactly.  Claim increase and secondary for foot problems.  So they have to label it, etc.  That has worked for me in the past.

I have used my CVSO on all my past claims and am satisfied with her work so far, and she just sends it to the VFW whom has done good also for me.  However, I would be hard pressed to tell you exactly what they do for me.

I haven't had to fight for anything yet beyond initial claims yet, but that could change.  Everything so far, to include a couple denials are ok with me.

Thanks,

Hamslice

Update number 1,

My claim just hit eBenifits today 5/16/2016.

Disabilities Claimed: right foot plantar fascitis (Increase), left foot pain (Secondary), left ankle pain (New), heart disease (Secondary)

Only thing odd is they state my claim for left ankle as being new, not secondary to right foot issues.  I'll tell the C&P examiner when the time comes.

Thanks,

Hamslice

Update number 2,

Went to "Gathering Evidence" today, and they moved up my completion dates to 8/28/16-11/07/2016.  Was in 2017 before.

Heres my favorite;

Needed from others (1)

"These are requests for documents that VA has asked others to provide. Here are two actions you can take to speed up the processing of your claim:

• If you have access to these documents, you can upload them here on this page.
  • Ask the person or organization in possession of your documents to immediately provide them to VA.

It would be nice to know what they are looking for. I might be able to help!

Fun with claims,

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice
spelling