VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received IMO from Valor

Rate this question

flores97

Question

I have received my IMO from Valor Compensation Consulting and am posting it here for everyones opinion. I am pleased overall, I do wish she had gone into more detail on the rationale portion. She also included over thirty pages of medical journal articles relevant to the secondary conditions, and my treatment records, which are all tabbed and highlighted.  I am not claiming all of the conditions listed. The only secondaries I am claiming at this time are Fibromyalgia, IBS, and GERD, as well I am going to ask for TDIU. I was going to claim Urinary Incontinence as well, but I feel that I don't have enough treatment recs for that condition at this time. I do have pads and bed pads prescribed by VA, but the docs felt it would be difficult for me to obtain sc for incontinence also due to my age, I'm only 39.If it is still a major issue in a few years, when I have more treatment records built up, I will apply then. As far as the other secondaries that were listed on this IMO, I have been diagnosed with all of them but I am only asking for sc for the ones that are moderate to severe. For example, while the Tinea Versicolor is aggravating and sometimes painful, I never know when its a Tinea rash or a Lupus rash, it also does not incapacitate me in any way(besides itching, burning and making it even more difficult to sleep). I considered the peripheral neuropathy, because that is actually a pretty moderate problem, ive been on Gabapentin for the last seven years at 900 mg a day, but I feel that just the issues I am claiming should take me to 100%. I am being fitted with a holter monitor on this Friday, and the joint and chest pain and gastro problems are to the point I do not leave the house unless I have no other choice, and of course for appointments. If I begin having organ damage from the SLE, of course I would apply for that as well. My IMO from Dr Ellis should be arriving in two weeks or so and I will be posting that as well. Please give any opinions, advice, etc. I feel that this should work since I will have a more detailed IMO from Dr Elis to submit as well. Thanks in advance for any opinions, please bear in mind this is not the entire IMO, just first three pages, entire packet was about sixty pages including articles and records

hadit imo pg 2 001.jpg

hadit imo pg 3 001.jpg

IMO hadit pg 1 001.jpg

I sure did Shuman, I unfortunately was unable to travel, I tried and ended up getting very sick in transit, being an idiot and trying to save money i attempted to take a greyhound bus to ok. I made it an hour outside of NC, to florence SC before the puking started, my face broke out in a malar rash as well, i gave up, exited the bus and my mother had to come pick me up. That was Sunday, i called Dr Ellis on Monday to cancel and explained what had happened. His nurse said he normally wont do an IMO(he prefers in person examinations), but due to the severity of my health conditions, my extensive treatment records, etc, we could do a phone interview, which we did, he is writing up the report and mailing it to me, and i am beyong grateful. There is no way i could have made it.

13 minutes ago, ShuMan said:

I'm not an IMO expert but based on the fist couple of pages it looks well put together and backed up by sound medical logic. Did you end up getting an IMO or an IME from Dr. Ellis?

Shuman, I believe she did a great job, together with the IMO from Dr Ellis, i should be good to go.

ArNG11, thank you, I am toughing it out! I'm not worried about myself as much as what would happen to my mother and kids that depend on me.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use