VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

is this site doing anything

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

IMHO, this is a great site. Keep in mind that we are all volunteering our time and experience. Yes, that funny thing experience.  We all learn, we all grow. There are only two ways we learn, we learn by our own experience and we learn from other people experience.  Of course learning from other people experience is a lot better because they have already fought the battle and has reached back to help others. Because we continue to learn there maybe ways that we can still improve our own claims.  The well known saying is knowledge is power but I always add that knowledge is power but knowledge not shared is lost. If we don't reach back to help others who will?  We all know that VA won't help anyone except themselves.

Edited by pete992

That's it...start an "us versus them" post. If this isn't the "entitlement" mentality of the younger generation, I don't know what is. If you deserve what you apply for, you will get it. Remember the elders paved the way for you. Your work should pave the way for others. You won't get handouts.

Do you remember going to the VA and seeing ALL those old timers there?  I am going to be 70 next week and realize that "all of a sudden"  I am the old timer.

• HadIt.com Elder

The thing is that the facts and evidence of each and every claim is unique to a great extent.    If not then the VA would just grant all claims and be done with it.   However, they believe that they are protecting

the US Mint, by denying most claims and torturing most vets and spouses for years.    There just is no standard answer to fit all claims but there are methods that work in general and Berta and many others

have quoted them until they are blue in the face.   I learned basic good techniques for doing claims with the VA here at Hadit but I had to do my own research and organize my own team of advocate

doctors.  I shopped for doctors just the way the VA does when they drag up some foot doctor to do your heart exam.    I got good doctors however.  The words IME/IMO are magic is you use the

concept.   This is war.   You , the vet, against a vicious and uncaring system that has killed millions of people over the years. 

I won't challenge your perspective Paul as you are entitled to your opinion.  I can however share my own perspective....  I have found this site to be nothing but helpful, when presented with a question the members have done their best to help me understand the process and shared their experiences.  I did not find this to be confusing.  I am very thankful for hadit.com and the many members that help others.

This site is good because veterans share their experiences and perspectives.

The commentary is not always exact, but valuable for discussion purposes.

The site is not the "last word" for information because not all Regional Offices or rating officers operate the same.

The site helps because veterans share their experiences on what works.

I personally enjoy learning the process from beginning to end.

A site which allows veterans to have a voice is most valuable in my learning the VA process.