VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted. Remanded, Retro? Oh my!

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

All I can do is laugh at this point. I suppose I am happy with the positive part, but the second half is being remanded to AMC.

The remanded appeal has been there since December 2015 (AMC), does anyone have any contact info for AMC? All I can find is a fax number. 

I am trying to find out where my retro pay is, new percentage change, and what's going on with the other half of my appeal.

Thanks all,

SF03

29 minutes ago, Pathfinder2/39 said:

Security forces if you Look under 1work in process

2. Claims

3 and you Click on The claim's Date you can Open a window that would Show you an estimated completion Date and current status.

4. this claim is actually your appeal

Hey! Mine doesn't have an estimated completed date. It shows an update of 4/25/16 but only says remanded appeal.

Berta,

Thanks for the info. Everyone, I called the VA (Peggy) and chatted with them about the FAST Letter. They uploaded the letter and notified the Regional Office of my partial appeal grant and to back pay me ASAP. This is good. Peggy told me to keep an eye out on bank and ebenefits in the future. No specific time frame.

Second, the VA said something was sent out on 4/25/16 regarding my appeal, specifically the part that was remanded. I should get that soon.

Good...this is looking up!

6 minutes ago, Berta said:

Good...this is looking up!

The lady I spoke with didn't know about the FAST letter but was happy to learn about it. Still unsure how long it'll take the RO to be notified and backpaid?

Not sure what info AMC sent me about my remanded portion but I will update as soon as I get it!

This is exactly what we are talking about.  The VA publishes these rules, and, in this case, a fast letter which requires the VA to pay promptly in "partial grants".  Then what do they do?  Well, they ignore them, of course.  This is a great example of a "broken" VA.  

Remember, BVA decisions already require "expiditious treatment", and that means "lowest priority on the totem pole", that is, if they get around to it at all.  If we say anything, then all Veterans are labeled as chronic complainers looking for a handout.  This is systemic and widespread.  

9 minutes ago, broncovet said:

This is exactly what we are talking about.  The VA publishes these rules, and, in this case, a fast letter which requires the VA to pay promptly in "partial grants".  Then what do they do?  Well, they ignore them, of course.  This is a great example of a "broken" VA.  

Remember, BVA decisions already require "expiditious treatment", and that means "lowest priority on the totem pole", that is, if they get around to it at all.  If we say anything, then all Veterans are labeled as chronic complainers looking for a handout.  This is systemic and widespread.  

You are so spot on. I was just calling to ask where my back pay and new percentage is. They create these letters but don't adhere to them.

In your opinion, Peggy said they've updated and noted this in the system, messaged it to the RO. Do you think this will help!?