VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted. Remanded, Retro? Oh my!

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

All I can do is laugh at this point. I suppose I am happy with the positive part, but the second half is being remanded to AMC.

The remanded appeal has been there since December 2015 (AMC), does anyone have any contact info for AMC? All I can find is a fax number. 

I am trying to find out where my retro pay is, new percentage change, and what's going on with the other half of my appeal.

Thanks all,

SF03

It may help.  You have to be proactive and wait 2 weeks, then check to see if it DID happen.  

The VA is like a four year old where you have to check to make  sure they do everything you tell them, or else they will forget or just plain ignore you.  

I think it should, SecurityForces03, if you haven't heard anything within a couple of weeks it will be time to send an email to VA Secretary Robert Mcdonald.

3 minutes ago, broncovet said:

It may help.  You have to be proactive and wait 2 weeks, then check to see if it DID happen.  

The VA is like a four year old where you have to check to make  sure they do everything you tell them, or else they will forget or just plain ignore you.  

Having a 2.5 year old and an 18 month old at home, I can definitely attest to that! I'll give them (2) weeks and give Peggy a call back as a follow up. I'm curious to see what they sent me regarding my appeal that was remanded. Apparently that was sent out on Monday.

3 minutes ago, flores97 said:

I think it should, SecurityForces03, if you haven't heard anything within a couple of weeks it will be time to send an email to VA Secretary Robert Mcdonald.

I agree. I'll give it 2 weeks to see if payment has processed and percentage has changed. Is their email public?

With the great help from Flores97, I decided to email the secretary of the VA today and already received a response. See below and let me know what you guys think!?

Dear,

The Secretary received the e-mail message you sent this morning.  He forwarded your inquiry to VA leadership for review and direct feedback to you.  

Thank you for your communication. 

Office of the Secretary

Department of Veterans Affairs

810 Vermont Ave., NW

Washington, DC  20420

How long has your claim/appeal, taken to get to this point? What  was Granted, what exactly was remanded?

Semper Fi