VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted. Remanded, Retro? Oh my!

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

All I can do is laugh at this point. I suppose I am happy with the positive part, but the second half is being remanded to AMC.

The remanded appeal has been there since December 2015 (AMC), does anyone have any contact info for AMC? All I can find is a fax number. 

I am trying to find out where my retro pay is, new percentage change, and what's going on with the other half of my appeal.

Thanks all,

SF03

Now I just received this from VAVBAWAS/CO/Office of the USB VBA.

Mr.,

Your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) was referred to the Office of the Under Secretary for Benefits.

We have contacted the Director of VA's Appeals Management Center (AMC) to assist with your inquiry. A representative of the AMC will contact you in the near future.

Best Regards,

Amy

2 minutes ago, Gastone said:

How long has your claim/appeal, taken to get to this point? What  was Granted, what exactly was remanded?

Semper Fi

I have a claim appeal date of 2009.

I was granted 0% for a hydrocelectomy in 2009 which I appealed. I was granted in December 2015 with 10 percentage increase as of 2009 and 40% increase as of 2014. The condition was renamed for a urologic disorder. Not the hydrocelectomy I had.

The second portion was the remand. I filed for anxiety and depression in 2009 and was denied. In 2014 I applied for PTSD and was granted at 70%. I'm fighting that PTSD was anxiety and depression in 2009 as well. So the remand portion is to see if they can backdate my PTSD to 2009.

5 hours ago, Pathfinder2/39 said:

Whats The contact info for The VA's secretary?

PF2/39  His Email address is:   robert.a.mcdonald@va.gov

Spoke with Peggy today. My appeal was sent from the RO back to the BVA. I'm guessing that means the RO is done with my case?

can anyone post some insight? Been at the RO since December 2015, the remanded portion specifically.