VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does VA Doc writeup provide service connection

Rate this question

Tazinhawaii

Question

So, I've had sleep apnea since around 2001/2002 when I was in the Navy (Retired in 2012).  I was never diagnosed with it though, only insomnia.  I finally went and got a sleep study done which confirmed OSA and was prescribed a CPAP through the VA.  I was thinking I could never service connect it, but the VA doctor put in my record that I've had the symptoms since 2002/2003.  Specifically he wrote "he reports that his wife has been listening to his loud snoring and observing his apneas since at least 2002 or 2003."

So do you think this is enough to get service connection?  I served from 1989-2012.

Thanks,

Derrick

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet

how would a vet use this as evidence to S.A.?

A qualified Dr would need to nexus the two as to what caused the S.A....Night mares? PTSD Medications? PTSD Symptoms ect,,,ect,,? &Diagnose of S.A. & Prescribe C-PAP by VA.

I heard of veterans have all this but still get denied for OSA/S.A.

I have traumatic brain injury service connected, but I'm not sure obstructive SA can be linked to that.  No PTSD or anything like that.  I was a submariner so we fired but wasn't fired upon.