VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IHD just caught up with me.

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

I crumped yesterday morning-pneumonia/ congestive heart issues. Seems I always choose a weekend to end up in a hospital. Doc tentatively dx'd IHD. Great. Something new to file for. VA will just be ecstatic to hear from me again.

Clear Prop.

Wishing you a quick recovery my fellow vet!! Remember the "New Form" for claims is VA 21-526EZ and has to be filed

WITH ONE OF THE TWO "INTAKE CENTERS"   the other intake center is PO Box 4444 Newnan GA 30271-0020

FAX 248 524 4260  (Depending what state you live in)  If you do file thru ebenefits, somehow they know which center is responsible for your area...

I found out the hard way that RO's are no longer processing the 21-4138.  Sent mine into Reno,NV  and got a nice letter explaining I had to fill out a EZ-21-526 and send it to WI for processing.  Funny thing is, they accidently sent me the copies THEY(Reno, RO) faxed to WI... I'm back on the hamster wheel requesting a EED of my agent orange IHD claim back to 1996.  Verses VA Rating Decision dated Nov of 2010. 

As a suggestion, do some research on "Chelation Therapy"  let me know what you think!!

Tom

WHERE TO FILE CLAIM 002.jpg

Two important notes. I haven't used VA for medical since I escaped with my life in 2010. Have you folks lost your minds? I'd go to Zimbabwe for the procedure before a VAMC.  I'm using my own cardio doc of six years who's my age. He's done hundreds of procedures and will be doing my cardio cath tomorrow through the arm. 0900 is showtime. 

Note #2 is for Thomas89021: They shut down the Newnan, Georgia site last month. Send everything to Cheeseville. Faxing it in has been proven not to be covered by the Presumption of Regularity of the mail so I do not suggest using any other method than our old friend the USPS and a green card. Remember, if the eBennies computer"eats" your homework, you have no definitive proof it arrived whole. We still operate under the Common Law Mailbox Rule- No tickee, no laundry. 

Win or Die

Alex. sorry if I referred to VA health care, in your case.

GOOD FOR YOU!

If we had even had a hint of my husband's true IHD condition, he would have been out of there fast.

And still alive!

They said his 1988 heart attack was a sinus condition. It happened on the job ( at the local VAMC)

I mentioned this before but it pays to repeat......

For anyone here who is both a disabled vet and a VAMC  employee, make sure the VA treats you as a veteran.

Part of my FTCA case evidence  was a page from their version of  M21 for VA doctors, that told them to treat employees who get sick ,

in a way to get them back to work (at VA) within three days.

I wish I had a current version of VA's M21 for their docs. As it was, it took me hours in a law library  2 decades ago  to find this single page in a folder full of meaningless other VA stuff.

With the horrific stuff that has happened at Tomah, etc etc since then ,God knows what M21 tells the docs to do these days treating any of you.

I'm new to the board and just glanced at this as I was scanning for info for my father.  I'm so very sorry to hear this disease has popped up for you, glad you've got a wonderful cardiologist! 

Best wishes tomorrow.  

Poodles, there is a wealth of information on IHD here on hadit.  Search the hadit website, start a new thread, or PM the posters.  We are all here to help.  Most VN veterans have long felt that we have had "demons" chasing us since we returned to the world Agent Orange, PTSD, a hostile public and an apathetic VA.  We literally wrote the book on PTSD and contributed to the understanding of IHD.  I, and many of my VN veteran friends feel that the IHD presumptive was a gift to VN veterans by former DVA Secretary Shinseki, a VN combat veteran with two Purple Hearts and the loss of part of one foot.  Unfortunately, he allowed himself to be isolated by senior VA executives who kept information about VA scheduling  (and other problems) form him.  He finally forced to resign under a unfair and undeserved cloud.  He got sandbagged by the people whom he should have been able to trust to be honest with him.  I believe Sec. McDonald has a similar fate in store for him in the not so distant future which would also be extremely unfair.