VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can a C&P Exam results be counted as a diagnosis?

Rate this question

silverdollar22

Question

In 2014 I had a C&P for service connection on my left hip.  Denied not service connected, even though I complained in service about my back with pain in my hip radiating down my leg to my knee. I had two vehicle accidents While in service.  One was a automobile roll over in which my left side had contusions from below the shoulder blade to my left hip.  The other was a motorcycle accident that i was in but fell on my right side. Still I was denied for service connection.  Fast forward to 2016. Put in a FDC claim for left hip secondary to my DDD of lower back and bad left knee. Denied in two weeks. Not service connected.  I need some help with this!  They also said that my SMR were lost again after loosing them in my 2014 rating.  Back In 2014 i contacted alison hickey and she contacted the VA director in Atlanta about the lost records he contacted me by phone to apologize and say that they had my SMR their at the RO in Atlanta all the time!!!  What a crock!!!  Should i contact the Atlanta RO director and explain what has happened or should i get a diagnosis from my dr at the VA?  Either way they are doing it to me again!  HELP PLEASE!!

THANKS,

Eric 

6 answers to this question

What exactly does the denial letter in 2014 and 2016 state?  Please post, redacting your personal information.  It will help us understand why you were denied and see what opinions can be offered.

I'll have to do that later because i'm at work right now.  Notice i said at work, not working. LOL

A lot of veterans file claims without a current diagnosis which could really hurt their claim.  Keep in mind that to be granted service connection a veteran must have; 1. A Current Diagnosis, 2. An in-service disease or injury, and 3. A nexus (statement) from a doctor connecting 1. and 2. together with a good medical rationale.  You can let the C & P examiner diagnosed your condition but IMHO( In My Humble Opinion) it is better for a veteran to already have a current diagnosis before s/he files a claim and especially before s/he has a C & P exam.  C & P doctors are horrible and a veteran cannot count on them diagnosing them correctly.

P. S. look at it this way, a veteran should be seeking treatment of a condition/disability way before the veteran files a claim.  If you are sick or hurting seek treatment that will document your condition.

Ty Pete,  I am currently being treated for back arthritis , knee problems (arthritis) and also sacroiliac arthritis.  So when i had my C&P for my hip the C&P person Did x-rays and arthritis showed up in my hip also.  Hence I thought that this was good enough for a Diagnosis.  Was i wrong?  I have always had pain in my hip but now with my back and knee problems the hip pain is a lot worse.   

You will still need a doctor to review your SMRs and write a statement that your current condition is as least likely as not caused by or is a result of your accidents while in the military. He/she must also give a medical rationale that links theses conditions and state that they have reviewed your SMRs and your private medical records.

• HadIt.com Elder

Great info by pete992!