VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

tdui reopen??

Rate this question

wes1

Question

Hey folks,

Just a quick question that I am confused by.  I was granted 90% in January.  The VA initiated a TDUI claim on my behalf. The paper work was sent and returned by my attorney.  A month ago the claim went to preparation for decision with an approximate due date of 5/05/16.  Last week the completion date was changed to 4/25/16.  I looked on Ebennies today and it saz the claim has been reopened and is in gathering of evidence again with an estimated completion date of between 7/25/16 to 10/11/16.  I cant imagine them wanting to do ore C&P as most have been done over the past year and back dated as follows

The following ratings decisions were made on 11/25/15

1.  chronic adjustment  disorder 70%  effective May 31, 2011

2.Residuals of TBI 40% effective may 31,2011

Residuals - seizures 20% and migraines 0% was 30%

The following were done at a much earlier time but with same effective date

4. degenerative joint disease 20% effective may 31,2011

5. tinnitus 10% effective may 31,2011

anyone have a clue?

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe all your ratings only add up to 92.7 VA math...giving you a combined rating of 90%,

if you can't work because of one of these disability or the worse one   they will probably use the extra scheduler (b)

inferred you to the TDIU at the 90% combined rating  and be paid at the 100%rate

ebennnys is just being nasty  they go back and forth like that all the time just to aggravate us veterans.

Good Luck

.............Buck

Thanks for responding Buck,

what I am trying to figure out is why they would wait until the very last day to move it back to gathering of evidence and starting all over again. With another 6 month wait period. After 5 years you would think they have had enough fun.

Is it possible that you get SSDI and the VA is gathering those records?

Ebenefits ... it sounds like it is enough to give a vet PTSD if they don't have it already.

Still, it is better then calling Peggy.

The VA did do the right thing by starting the TDIU claim for you.

If VA Voc Rehab ever turned you down solely due to your SC and the RO knows that, they might be waiting for the Voc Rehab records...

They could even be waiting for nothing and just have not prepared the decision yet....

I called Peggy and she informed me that it was turned down and reopened because I hadn't signed the form 21 8940 when I had submitted it.  Rather than find a simple solution they rejected it and told me I need to start from the beginning on the claim.  My fault for not signing the form but you would think they could have found a better remedy rather than starting from scratch. Love the VA