VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

tdui reopen??

Rate this question

wes1

Question

Hey folks,

Just a quick question that I am confused by.  I was granted 90% in January.  The VA initiated a TDUI claim on my behalf. The paper work was sent and returned by my attorney.  A month ago the claim went to preparation for decision with an approximate due date of 5/05/16.  Last week the completion date was changed to 4/25/16.  I looked on Ebennies today and it saz the claim has been reopened and is in gathering of evidence again with an estimated completion date of between 7/25/16 to 10/11/16.  I cant imagine them wanting to do ore C&P as most have been done over the past year and back dated as follows

The following ratings decisions were made on 11/25/15

1.  chronic adjustment  disorder 70%  effective May 31, 2011

2.Residuals of TBI 40% effective may 31,2011

Residuals - seizures 20% and migraines 0% was 30%

The following were done at a much earlier time but with same effective date

4. degenerative joint disease 20% effective may 31,2011

5. tinnitus 10% effective may 31,2011

anyone have a clue?

Thanx Gary,  They changed the status back to prep for decision again today,  I feel like it is just a stall tactic, time saz anywhere from end of month to 7/18  prayers work here :)

Hello folks,

Just an update, the VA has delayed my tdui claim for yet a 4th time. Again they are asking for more medical records and employment verification from January of 2011. Any idea why they would do that everything has been consistent with what was originally filed, I cant imagine any more C&P exams as the last ones I had were less than a year ago. Now they say end of October for answer??

Ask your last employer to complete and return the enclosed VA Form 21-4192, Request for Employment Information.

I called and asked my last employer and they will not fill out the form.  They are still angry I couldn’t work for them any more??

·         Request 3

Due Date: 08/06/2016 Status: Needed From: Not Available

<VA Medical Facility>

Upload Documents

• Request 4

Due Date: 07/23/2016 Status: Needed From: RMG SYSTEMS

Employer (21-4192)

Any ideas??

Edited by wes1
finish comment

This was just added to E-bennies under disabilities??

Anyone have a clue?

Pending Disabilities

Table of Pending Disabilities
Disability Submitted Type Actions
Tbi 01/17/2016 INC  
Individual Unemployability 01/17/2016 REP  
Epilepsy 01/17/2016 INC  
Anxiety And Depression 01/17/2016 INC  
Lumbar Spine Condition 01/17/2016 INC  
Tinnitus 01/17/2016 INC  
Migraines 01/17/2016

INC

Got any friends who still work there?  Try to get a few buddy statements that would provide some of the info that the VA is requesting if the employer refuses to fill out that form.

Not sure if there are any laws about disabilities that obligates them to do this, maybe get a free consult from an Atty that spec's in this to find out.  I cant see how they could legally withhold facts requested by Govt entities like that for persons with disabilities.

I think many employers these days are concerned about ADA lawsuits.

The buddy statements are a good idea and maybe even writing to the employer to assure them they will not be sued and that VA needs the info for your disability claim and has no other reason then that..

Do you get SSDI, and if so is it solely for your SCs? If so, does VA have that information?

Thanx for replying to my comment.

My attorney sent faxed a letter to the va that stated information from previous employer is no longer available, he said it has been over 5 years so it won't be a big surprise for them.  He said it is just another stall. Just like requesting more medical records from the hospital is.  He also stated by them asking for more medical records they may grant me P & T, he said I shouldn't expect and more exams as I went through 4 of them in the last year.