VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just approved for CPAC machine!!!

Rate this question

silverdollar22

Question

I just received a call from the va and they wanted to know when i could come in for my CPAC machine. I Did a 3 day home sleep study (because our va don't do that in house) requested by my va mdd doc and apparently it was approved.  After i get the machine what next?

Help please,

Eric

Glad you received one, it is going to be a painful couple of months getting used to it but you will start to see results after about 3 weeks if you stick with it.  I would ask your doc if he is willing to provide a Nexus statement for you, all he can do is say no.  Good luck!

Thanks Tallon, I hear it's a bugger to get used to but i sure hope it helps get rid of the tiredness.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA techs will show and read to you about using the cpap..and list all the symptoms OSA can cause.

when you get it and place it on your night stand next to the bed, fill it up with distilled water only   the machine will have a slide switch in the front to move to the right to open and the water reservoir will come out  if you get one like I have?

there other cpap machines   this is just how mine works, usually the cpap machine is set according to your sleep test results  but it comes with instructions how to set it if you need more or less air presure.

make sure your mask is on good but not to tight, if your face breaks out there are mask liners you can get from the VA  sleep clinic

And also you can  get the nose only mask   the  pillows tips just fit up in your nose  this is a littler more comfortable, I got both full mask and the nose only...I use both but mostly I use the full mask, if it feels to uncomfortable losesen the mask straps a little bit...there hard to get use to but once you do  you will sleep like a new born baby.

....Happy Sleep & Sweet Dreams

.................Buck

I've had all the variation of masks and finally have one that feels comfortable.  Mine is a Pilairo Nasal Pillows Mask.  VA provides a replacement every six months. (have to call in and order) 

Also- again as Buck says "use distilled water." can't stress that enough

Thanks guys for the info.  They say that it's like sleeping with an alien on your face. LOL

Silver, that's Politically Incorrect, you meant undocumented citizen, right.

Been awhile, don't recall sleeping much, either way.

Semper Fi