VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Noftifying VA of retirement from job

Rate this question

JDMilw

Question

I just received a rating of 100% for lung cancer.  I am going thru radiation treatment now and will complete it this Friday.

I am retiring from my job with the Postal Service at the end of May.  I am 64 years old.

Should I notify the VA of my retirement and will my retirement effect how long I will receive 100%?

Thanks.

Joe

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

My diagnosis was dated 3/1/16.  DAV submitted claim around the 23rd of March.  Not sure how VA came up with the 3/15 date.

Unofficial notification from DAV was dated 4/21 so I expect the official VA letter to arrive shortly.

AO and Vietnam yes.

All of my health care has been thru Kaiser and it has been excellent.  I've managed to survive colon and prostate cancer so far due in no small part to the care and treatment received.

Will post VA claim info when I receive it.

Thanks for your input.

Was your exam on 3/15? Wouldn't be Nehmer if you were just recently diagnosed and not previously denied, I believe. I'm not an expert on Nehmer claims though.

If the exam was on 3/15 then they assigned the date based on the exam date. In either case (3/1 or 3/15) the payment date would start on 4/1 because of the Omnibus law. 

Meddac is correct....was this a very recent diagnosis by a real doctor ( AKA a non VA doctor) that VA was not aware of , so could not have denied in the past?

Edited by Berta

This is the latest information I found,  Have not received a VA letter yet.

What is the development letter?

Still hopeful the 100% rating will be P&T.

VAStatus.JPG

Edited by JDMilw

If you download and look at  your AB8 letter it will say on the bottom if  you are permanent. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by brokensoldier244th

Looking over the letters section it would appear that I am not P&T.  So I'm guessing my notification letter will have some type of instructions for C&P at a later date.

I will update the this thread once I receive my official letter.