VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help.VA Lost all Documents on my AO claim filed in 1996

Rate this question

THOMAS89031

Question

I filed a claim in 1996 for IHD, Lucky for me I MISFILED my own claim in with House purchase documents(OK, no suggestions that I go to work for the VA)   20 years later I find it and knowing what little I know, I filed a claim for Retro back to 1996.

In less than a month, I got the denial letter..VA Denial states  they have no documents or records that a claim was initiated or denied prior to my claim filed in 2010.    Like a dummy, when I got the denial letter in 1996 (LA, CA VARO), I threw it away.  Why keep a dead horse...

So now, 20 yrs later.............I need some suggestions how to refute this?  Case cites from a similar situation?

VA LOST CLAIM 001.jpg

A cue cant be you add addition medical records 

but the records at the time of decision is this correct??

BOD goes out the window also. jmho always appeal a denial

if its not correct and u believe.

3 hours ago, Berta said:

"This is one of my own folders where I had my "House Purchase Documents" and where I found my original filed claim from 1996"

Was it an initial 21-526 form? No, it was on a 21-4138. Printed on the bottom is "US OVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE, 1994"

Do you have proof of mailing it to them? Berta, Back 20 years ago, I had complete faith in the VA and US Postal Service..Never entered my mind to send it registered mail with a return receipt. 

They gave you advise as to what to do ,in the scan  above  if you have  proof of mailing it or proof of their receipt.

They already know they would have to reconsider the EED if you can prove they denied it in 1996.

1 hour ago, RUREADY said:

A cue cant be you add addition medical records 

but the records at the time of decision is this correct??  I don't understand what you are asking

BOD goes out the window also. jmho always appeal a denial

if its not correct and u believe.   Well RU, I have my proof it was filed. I not only believe, I know!!

Update..  Sent nod on 23Jun16 with nme in the form of spouse statement, buddy (sworn) statement and my own statement of facts.      Now awaiting DRO "DeNovo" Review.