VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

12-B-mbrews

Question

I already get CRSC- 30%, recently the VA upped it to 70%. I think I'll be getting too much VA money to keep getting CRSC, and I will get back pay from the VA. I am worried that I'll will incur a debt to the CRSC program for getting money I wasn't entitled to

6 answers to this question

The CRSC has to be applied for.

CRDP is automatic.

I have never heard of a SC rating to negatively impact on any CRDP or CRSC rating.

The whole point of these programs ( I had some minor input into an early lawsuit years ago - Amicus Brief  when 20 year and over  retirees were getting SC comp in lieu of their actual retirement-----with the offset factor, and thank God those days are over) and

finally the VA and DOD recognized that Retiree pay, earned by longevity is a separate issue from VA SC determined by disability.

We have some CRDPers and CRSCers here.

Lots of info here on these programs....in this thread are links to what you need to know:

Thanks everybody.. I knew it had to be applied for (CRSC) I am already getting it and only worried with the increase from the VA, that the CRSC money would go down, leaving me owing money. Sounds like that will probably not be the case.. But I can never tell with the convoluted way they determine comp.

I see the problem in my original post I said the VA upped my CRSC..that is not what I meant. I meant that the VA upped my disability that the CRSC determined Combat related. It was at 30% and it was increased to 70%.

I will fill out a CRSC form 12-E to see if the CRSC goes up, but just worried that I was going to have it go down so I was starting to put money aside to cover the debt.

I sure don't think anyone's CRSC would go down if their VA SC combated related rating goes up!

Thank you for those long years of service to the Great US of A!