VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSDI Review

Rate this question

seminoles

Question

I received the paperwork for Social Security a month or so ago saying that my case was up for review.  It had some paperwork to fill out, etc.  I filled it out and also enclosed my 100% IU permanent and total letter when mailing it back.  Yesterday I received a letter back saying that they weren't reviewing my case at this time and that I need to notify social security if anything changes.  I have never had any doctor or medical appointment for my SSDI, just my VA records.  Do I just sit back and wait for them to decide to review or does this mean they will look at it again in 3 years?

I took the decision that the regional office sent me granting the P and T it didn't mention my other disabilities and was denied at the initial and reconsideration now I'm awaiting for my hearing having been told is an average of 20 months. I don't like to it a wait things out my OCD is a pain in the ass so I called my congressman and he I submitting his inquiry into my claim with my Permanent and total rating. Has anyone ever attempted this and will it really knock off a couple months I explained to the congress office that I have a hardship on my current appeal granted by the BVA and sent that to my attorney and to the congressman. I really hoping I will get some help even my primary doctor filled out a RFC for mental disorders due to my TBI and checked off Extremely limited for  2 and 4 was moderately limited and 2 was markedly limited I was sure this would help me for the reconsideration but apparently not...