VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr Ellis IMO

Rate this question

flores97

Question

I have received my outstanding IMO from Dr John Ellis in Oklahoma City, OK and am attaching it here as an example of his excellent work, if anyone has any comments, advice or questions I would appreciate any input and thanks in advance!

hadit Ellis pg 1 001.jpg

hadit ellis pg 2 001.jpg

hadit ellis pg 3 001.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

flores97

The report looks excellent to me great job by Dr Ellis

But only one thing I am not to sure of is?

Will raters use a phone interview as evidence to your symptoms.?  or any New Ones?

Usually the VA prefers a ''hands on'' exam or an in-person exam, but then again the VA use there own video conference for a DRO Hearing.

Dr bash talked about this on one of the Hadit Blog talk radio shows a few months ago

Ms berta would know!

However it is a great report! all looks to be in your favor.

2 hours ago, Buck52 said:

flores97

The report looks excellent to me great job by Dr Ellis

But only one thing I am not to sure of is?

Will raters use a phone interview as evidence to your symptoms.?  or any New Ones?

Usually the VA prefers a ''hands on'' exam or an in-person exam, but then again the VA use there own video conference for a DRO Hearing.

Dr bash talked about this on one of the Hadit Blog talk radio shows a few months ago

Ms berta would know!

However it is a great report! all looks to be in your favor.

Thanks, Buck! I was concerned somewhat about not being able to travel there for the in person exam, but I think that since I already have the diagnosis for gerd/hiatal hernia and IBS, and have such extensive treatment records for the two conditions, I should be OK. The VA will probably still schedule me for c&ps though, they might not have if i had been able to obtain the IME. Thanks again for your input, Buck!

hilltravis, I am sorry for the late response, I was having computer issues today! For my appointment with Dr Ellis, I called they let me know to send in all of my relevant medical records pertaining to the issues I need to have service connected (as secondaries in my case), as soon as they received my recs, Dr Ellis called me, I believe less than a week later, and we set up the appointment for almost two months after he called me. I believe he is always pretty booked up, so what I recommend is going ahead and making copies of all of your relevant medical evidence, be sure to send prior VA decisions if you have been denied previously for the claims you want service connected, as well as any c&p exams you might have for the conditions. Send them to Dr Ellis, HOLD UP! First call his clinic, and they will send you the application to fill out, also its very important you include a Summary of Records in the packet, listing all of the recs you included. When you receive the application from Dr Ellis it will have instructions on how to send your recs. After our appointment, (over the phone, as I tried to travel and had to turn around), it literally took only a little over a week. He is excellent! I hope that helps, let me know if you need the number for the clinic, and again, sorry for the late response!

Let me add, after our appointment, it took a little over a week for me to receive the completed IMO. I am on heavy pain meds right now and making less sense than usual! So, first call the clinic, tell them you are interested in obtaining an IMO from Dr Ellis, they will send you the application, after you complete the application(include it in your packet), and gather all of the records you are going to send, including the Summary of Records list, send it off, they will call you as soon as they receive it and usually the appointment timeframe is anywhere from 1 1/2-2 months after they receive your packet. However, after the appointment you will receive the complete IMO usually within 2 weeks, max.

Thanks for the info Flores.  I actually called the clinic this morning.  I am in the process of gathering my records and will be sending them out hopefully by Monday.  They said that they are currently scheduling for the end of June, beginning of July.  The lady sounded very nice.  I am looking forward to meeting Dr. Ellis soon.

Good luck on your claim.

Travis

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use