VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr Ellis IMO

Rate this question

flores97

Question

I have received my outstanding IMO from Dr John Ellis in Oklahoma City, OK and am attaching it here as an example of his excellent work, if anyone has any comments, advice or questions I would appreciate any input and thanks in advance!

hadit Ellis pg 1 001.jpg

hadit ellis pg 2 001.jpg

hadit ellis pg 3 001.jpg

I submitted an FDC,  or Fully Developed Claim,  but he actually didn't do the in-person examination on me because I couldn't make the trip.  He did a phone interview and reviewed my treatment records,  which were very extensive,  and he did a great IMO on 3 different conditions from that.  I couldn't travel due to my SC disabilities, I actually tried to make it,  on the bus,  got one state away and had to depart the bus due to my lupus flaring up. Dr Ellis has a great reputation, and it only took a couple of weeks after the phone interview to receive the IMO.

7 minutes ago, flores97 said:

I submitted an FDC,  or Fully Developed Claim,  but he actually didn't do the in-person examination on me because I couldn't make the trip.  He did a phone interview and reviewed my treatment records,  which were very extensive,  and he did a great IMO on 3 different conditions from that.  I couldn't travel due to my SC disabilities, I actually tried to make it,  on the bus,  got one state away and had to depart the bus due to my lupus flaring up. Dr Ellis has a great reputation, and it only took a couple of weeks after the phone interview to receive the IMO.

Thanks Flores....I'm going to submit my claims as a FDC as well.  I appreciate your input....he was a very nice person, really knew his stuff.  I will definitely update this thread as it has been a LOT of work on my end to get to this point with the VA and hopefully my experiences will help others!

Well, got my ratings back---all "denied."  I checked to see the "evidence reviewed" part of my letter and saw that the IMO wasn't on there.....couldn't believe it.  Now I'll have to re-submit the IMO again as new evidence when it should've been received/considered in the first place....

Flores, maybe I missed it, who submitted the IMO to the Rating Dept? Any proof of Delivery? If you have proof of Delivery, a possibility of requesting a CUE Review regarding the Rater missing the IMO. No Proof of Delivery could be a problem for the Review.

However, VA Regs require N & M Evidence of Compelling Nature to be addressed by the Rating Dept, when received Post Decision.

What does your E-Ben section regarding Evidence Submitted say?

Semper Fi

10 minutes ago, Gastone said:

Flores, maybe I missed it, who submitted the IMO to the Rating Dept? Any proof of Delivery? If you have proof of Delivery, a possibility of requesting a CUE Review regarding the Rater missing the IMO. No Proof of Delivery could be a problem for the Review.

However, VA Regs require N & M Evidence of Compelling Nature to be addressed by the Rating Dept, when received Post Decision.

Semper Fi

Gastone, thanks but I believe Nick2021 is the veteran that was denied, I'm currently at 100%p&t housebound on my ratings. Nick2021, Gastone brought up a great point,  if they did not consider your IMO and you have proof that you submitted it, such as registered return receipt, that definitely sounds like a cue.  I also apologize for being absent for so long,  I've really been struggling with my health.

17 minutes ago, Gastone said:

Semper Fi

Hey Gastone,

It was actually me, not Flores......I submitted my own claim via ebenefits with everything laid out pretty good.  The new claim was then rolled up into an existing claim which was deferred from a previous claim.  When everything on the new claim came back rejected, I checked the evidence considered and none of the evidence on the new claim (which had been combined with my existing deferred claim) was considered.  I double checked everything on ebenefits and the documents are there electronically which is why it was really really frustrating.  I called the 800 number and they simply recommended filing a reconsideration.  Even called my VSO who initially told me to get an IMO....I told him I submitted an IMO with the initial claim package and it wasn't considered as evidence for some reason----along with 30-50 pages of additional documents lol  I already submitted the Reconsideration today but probably should've read up about a CUE as you suggested.....I may have screwed myself on that.  The entire situation is frustrating ----none of the new evidence was considered and it's all sitting there on ebenefits .... 

Edited by Nick2021

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use