VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr Ellis IMO

Rate this question

flores97

Question

I have received my outstanding IMO from Dr John Ellis in Oklahoma City, OK and am attaching it here as an example of his excellent work, if anyone has any comments, advice or questions I would appreciate any input and thanks in advance!

hadit Ellis pg 1 001.jpg

hadit ellis pg 2 001.jpg

hadit ellis pg 3 001.jpg

2 hours ago, Gastone said:

Porg, refer to VA M21 - 1,  Part III subpart ii Chapter 2 Section G, Requests for Reconsideration of Decisions that have not become Final. Change Date 03/24/2015.

My situation was based on a 12/15 Quality Review Award of a Denied 07/15 SA Increase. The only thing that I found wrong with the Award was the EED, the Sr Rater doing the QR Award missed EOR dating back an additional 18 months.

Filing the "Official Request for Review" within a couple weeks of the Award Letter arriving, resulted in the additional Retro being Awarded within 2 months. Had I filed even a NOD requesting a DRO Review, it could have been 12 to 18 months before a DRO looked at the EED Appeal.

Semper Fi

M21-1MRIII_ii_2_SecG.docx

But it wasn't a Cue claim,, it was a reconsideration claim that was easy fix and a lot of claims

have  mistakes  that we can get fix without waiting for years . Thanks for clarifying this

Thank you all for the insightful discussion....I submitted a Reconsideration vs a NOD as I haven't lost very much time due to this debacle.  Hopefully, now that all of the evidence/material was resubmitted, hopefully all of the information can be reviewed appropriately and I can get a better idea of how Dr. Ellis's IMO plays out.  I won't lie when I say it's frustrating to put a good package together to later find out somehow the evidence/material never made it to the rater as it should have.  I'm still left scratching my head as to how that happened....

....on a funny note, I left a message with my VSO (First time in a LONG time I decided to seek out a VSO for assistance) about setting up an appointment to discuss my recent denials and maybe get some answers.  Before I even had a chance to explain what happened, the VSO left a voice message saying no appointment necessary, get a Nexus Letter first then get back to him ---lol--- I couldn't even explain to him a Nexus Letter was already in the package.  Just further solidifies my belief that each veteran is his/her own biggest advocate in the world of VA claims.....

Edited by Nick2021

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use