VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Code Sheet

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Hello and good afternoon my fellow Veterans;

After reviewing a lot of posts on here regarding "Code Sheet" I finally went and got mine at my local DAV office while at the VA Hospital today.  The DAV rep indicated that they aren't supposed to give them out but she printed it off and stated to me "you didn't get this from me".  So I reviewed it and I find it very informative.  I like that it gives the actual code for the disability I am rated, hence "Code Sheet" LOL 

I noticed all my disabilities have "static" except for my PTSD which has an out date of 2021 for Future Exam.  That makes me feel pretty good!

In case some are not aware, a static disability is a disability that is considered permanent by its nature, history and severity.  It is assigned a permanent evaluation without the need for future exams.  

Now I would assume if you go to file an increase for a "static" disability, then you are open to a reduction.  Not sure if that is correct or not???

Just wanted to share this with my fellow Veterans!:biggrin:

Edited by Navy4life

• HadIt.com Elder

Are they (D.A.V.) Not supposed to give them out if you have a claim going?

or what about a claim that's been adjudicated  and the veteran needs the codes to see what they rated...from?

I went to D.A.V. Today at 10:00am sign in and sit there until 10:45 and Had to go to my Eye clinic at 11:00  ...was finished with the Eye clinic at 11:40  rushed back to the D.A.V. Office and they closed up early    they close at 12:00 on Thrusdays.    damn it. eh!

• HadIt.com Elder

Question >Meddac.

If I apply a a claim for S.A...or OSA. Secondary to my  PTSD 70% SC Claim Would VA concider that an Increase?

As to which my present rating is 100%  TDIU P&T on First Disability & have the PTSD 70% statuatory rating of a SMC-S- 1 H.B

...........Thanks in Advance

........................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Asknod

My problem is finding out the code for the disability.??

PTSD Code has it at 9411&9435 Code for Unspecific Depresssive Disorder

VA Notes from  PCP  has PTSD 

As : SCT47505003

My Sleep Apnea Notes has the code as

SCT 73430006,

Some of these I get confused with Insurance Codes  for Insurance Purposes.

Jbasser & Jerrel Cook had a blog talk radio show on these rating codes Last year some times Maybe I'll recheck the Archives Shows.

I tried to look up the code for OSA but never found it. just the SCT #73430006..? 

And I have a Boo-Coo List of NSC disability's/contentions.  with the SCT# at the end of them

After reading my code sheet I saw I have one of those. I'm rated on my ankle as 5020-5271. It's also static. 

To me the code sheet eases the Veterans MNF. I know what my codes are and I know that my contentions are either static or non-static. 

This shoulf not be a secret to is at it is vital information. Nor should this be a huge issue to get. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Next time I go to the VAMC, I''ll recheck with the D.A.V. Office, if they refuse  I'll just have to look them up on CFR's..

I tried for a little while last night  but got tired.

I found them under mental health but none under OSA....which I never found the OSA but found respiratory problems   eh!

I'll do some searching.

What NOD said.

I've had (2) Secondary Claims recently, 14 & 15. No re-exam's were ordered for the Primary SC, only C & P's for the Secondary issue. When I reviewed the C & P DBQ's, the Dr's indicated that the Primary Condition was already "SC'd," no further discussion.

The 2015 Secondary FDC, was Awarded 07/15 SC 0%. Unknown to me, A VA Phantom SR Rater, review the Award, although the Secondary remained at 0%, he/she bumped the Primary SA SC from 50 to 100% 12/15, based on the Secondary Award.

Semper Fi