VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P thoughts

Rate this question

Nose hair

Question

Exam thoughts

I posted earlier but I didn't copy right. Hopefully this time It does c. Rationale: I had reviewed the C-File in VBMS, to include the above noted medical records, and medical records in Capri. And although the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome DBQ report from the private sector, noted a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, it did not provide evidence of enlarged lymph nodes of the neck or arm pits usually seen in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, recent medical records in Wilmington VA's Problem List as well as the the recent JAN 11, 2016 Gulf War Registry exam, were silent for a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, therefore it is less likely that the Veteran has a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but per the recent JAN 11, 2016 Gulf War Registry exam, " Veteran has several unexplained conditions/symptoms which could fall under the Gulf War syndrome umbrella, including his headaches and cognitive problems. Also he has diffuse joint pains.". Therfore it is my medical opinion that it is at least as likely as not that the Veteran, at this time, has a undiagnosed illness which would meet the criteria for a positve medical opinion for service conection for Gulf War. On ebenies in my disability list it says claim complete service connection not there for chronic fatigue but seems like C&P was on my side. I did only claim chronic fatigue

The opinion does look negative for Chronic Fatigue, but VA may end up "inviting" a claim in the Notification Letter for Undiagnosed Illness related to Gulf War exposure. At least that's what they should do.

4 answers to this question

this statement seals the deal  "Therefore it is my medical opinion that it is at least as likely as not that the Veteran, at this time, has a undiagnosed illness which would meet the criteria for a positive medical opinion for service connection for Gulf War." In other words they denied you. SORRY

Yes, it does! Nosehair, if they denied you, it could be as simple as the rater ONLY READ THE FIRST PART OF THE C&P, where the examiner INITIALLY said less likely, and stopped right there. I would call 1-800-827-1000(Peggy), ask them to send a message to your RO, stating that you are concerned the rater did not continue reading past "less likely", explain that the examiner went on to say at least as likely as not. I would also make a copy of the exam, HIGHLIGHT the at least as likely as not portion, and send it via registered mail to your RO, put over the address Attention Appeals Team, send it registered mail. Good Luck to you

I'M SORRY READ IT INCORRECTLY. So use to everybody being denied it's a auto function to read it as being denied! SORRY again.