VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E-Benefits Status

Rate this question

Ameros77

Question

Hello,

I am new to the whole claim process and have a few questions. I checked E-Benefits and the partial rated me at 30% for my knee and back injury's, I went to letters and they give me a monthly amount and an effective date. Now, I also had  on the claim PTSD and TBI which  by doing some reading on this forum I figured would get differed. I am currently waiting for the BBE to arrive are they going to start paying me for my SC injuries or is that when the entire claim is complete. My next question is I have read here that E-Benefits is not always up-to-date...so I see they are waiting on additional documentation from the VA, I have been to all my C & P's  is there something I need to do to help the process along? I went from pending decision back to review of evidence now I am back to gathering of evidence, I feel like a ping pong ball...... thanks for any help understand in advance!     

4 answers to this question

Welcome aboard and it is very common for the Status to go back and forth. I had 1 claim sit at Prep for Notification for over 2 months, then go back to Gathering of Evidence. Ebenefits is a great tool to use, but not always 100% up to date. The main Days to look at the site is Mon and Fri, where the statuses usually change. Do you have access to MyHealthEVet, and if you do post the C&P exam results here, and we can give you a more accurate guess. I am SC for PTSD and TBI, and they were not Deferred. As long as the Medical Evidence, or Scans are there then the VA will grant SC. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

Navy04, 

Thank you for your reply, I do have have access to MyHeathEVet, and I have looked at my results from the C & P exams. The eval said I fully met criteria for PTSD but that was able to maintain a job and marriage, as far as the TBI I also met their criteria for a mild TBI having memory issues, headaches,but with loss of consciousness.  So I guess I will just have to wait it out and see what happens next. Thanks again. 

9. Remarks, (including any testing results) if any -------------------------------------------------- The Veteran was assessed for PTSD and met the criteria for a full diagnosis per the DSM-5. Although his symptoms result in clinically significant distress and mild social impact, the Veteran's functional impairment does not rise to the level of significantly interfering with his occupational abilities. In spite of his symptomology, the Veteran has been able to maintain stable full-time employment, maintain his marriage and relationships with his children, engage in limited social and leisure activities, and appropriately manage his activities of daily living.

Edited by Ameros77