VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Appeal in Atlanta

Rate this question

j92mike

Question

A little on my timeline. My original claim was filed in June 2010 upon exit of the Army. In July 2012 I got 30% for TB and everything else was denied. At the time I was in a really bad place and hired a lawyer. He submitted an NOD and almost a year later my appeal was canceled because the NOD was written incorrectly. Before the deadline he had another one on the way which was accepted. I chose a review with a DRO someone I could meet with face to face. 

That meeting came in September 2015. My lawyer wasn't notified and no letter was sent until after my hearing was already over. She my DRO Ms. Thomas seemed like a nice person. (I'm being treated at an outpatient patient clinic in Athens and maybe the smartest thing my lawyer has done was had my mental health provider rate my condition. I waited until the day of the DRO hearing to see what she marked....70%. I was a little sad by this but I know I have some things to work on.) At my original mental health C&P the doctor marked that I did have a mental health condition at the 10% level but the person rating still denied me and did not give a reason.

Ms. Thomas said that I should have been rated on several other conditions coming right out of the military there was no way those conditions could have developed outside of service. Of course she mentioned this only after the hearing was over.

It was in December 2015 when I was scheduled for additional C&P exams. At my original exams the Doctors did not have my records. 

I am appealing Low back condition, neck condition, knees, anxiety and depression, elbow.

I went to QTC and the doctor who did my physical seemed to be in a hurry she was almost half hr late and rushed through everything. She also made it seem like it was the size of my breasts that caused my issues. I really wanted to punch her in the face. 

The Doctor that did my mental health exam was kinda laid back, I honestly was not expecting it. Because the Dr who did my first C&P seemed cold and heartless. I also got some xrays done which won't show anything cause I know I needed an MRI. 

On February 3rd 2016 my case was officially ready to rate. Here I am three months later...waiting like Uncle Sam taught me to do. 

I haven't been able to see my provider in a while and won't be able to for several months. So I came here. I'm a little more clear minded than I was a few years ago. I know pending case load and all the conditions I filed for will factor in how long it takes to get a decision back but sometimes I just feel like it hasn't been rated cause they set my file on fire. I feel forgotten to say the least but I know that I'm not the only one, and I know that there are people who have been waiting much longer than me.

Anyway, can anyone speak on how long they've waited from being ready to rate to when they actually received a rating? Apparently that's the only thing Peggy doesn't have a timetable for.

-Natalie

6 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, j92mike said:

A little on my timeline. My original claim was filed in June 2010 upon exit of the Army. In July 2012 I got 30% for TB and everything else was denied. At the time I was in a really bad place and hired a lawyer. He submitted an NOD and almost a year later my appeal was canceled because the NOD was written incorrectly. Before the deadline he had another one on the way which was accepted. I chose a review with a DRO someone I could meet with face to face. 

That meeting came in September 2015. My lawyer wasn't notified and no letter was sent until after my hearing was already over. She my DRO Ms. Thomas seemed like a nice person. (I'm being treated at an outpatient patient clinic in Athens and maybe the smartest thing my lawyer has done was had my mental health provider rate my condition. I waited until the day of the DRO hearing to see what she marked....70%. I was a little sad by this but I know I have some things to work on.) At my original mental health C&P the doctor marked that I did have a mental health condition at the 10% level but the person rating still denied me and did not give a reason.

Ms. Thomas said that I should have been rated on several other conditions coming right out of the military there was no way those conditions could have developed outside of service. Of course she mentioned this only after the hearing was over.

It was in December 2015 when I was scheduled for additional C&P exams. At my original exams the Doctors did not have my records. 

I am appealing Low back condition, neck condition, knees, anxiety and depression, elbow.

I went to QTC and the doctor who did my physical seemed to be in a hurry she was almost half hr late and rushed through everything. She also made it seem like it was the size of my breasts that caused my issues. I really wanted to punch her in the face. 

The Doctor that did my mental health exam was kinda laid back, I honestly was not expecting it. Because the Dr who did my first C&P seemed cold and heartless. I also got some xrays done which won't show anything cause I know I needed an MRI. 

On February 3rd 2016 my case was officially ready to rate. Here I am three months later...waiting like Uncle Sam taught me to do. 

I haven't been able to see my provider in a while and won't be able to for several months. So I came here. I'm a little more clear minded than I was a few years ago. I know pending case load and all the conditions I filed for will factor in how long it takes to get a decision back but sometimes I just feel like it hasn't been rated cause they set my file on fire. I feel forgotten to say the least but I know that I'm not the only one, and I know that there are people who have been waiting much longer than me.

Anyway, can anyone speak on how long they've waited from being ready to rate to when they actually received a rating? Apparently that's the only thing Peggy doesn't have a timetable for.

-Natalie

j92mike,

I had a C & P Exam done in Oct 2015, I'm still waiting a decision from Atlanta VARO

It's my appeal. I I have a review by a DRO with a hearing. I had my lawyer inquire about my appeal and the DRO told him she would be started on my appeal by the end of that week. With two weeks having passed I'm hoping that she is at least done before the end of the month. 

On 5/5/2016 at 4:43 PM, Palma114 said:

j92mike,

I had a C & P Exam done in Oct 2015, I'm still waiting a decision from Atlanta VARO

Have you gotten any news about your decision yet? 

39 minutes ago, j92mike said:

Have you gotten any news about your decision yet? 

No, have not gotten a decision yet,

in Feb 2016, I went to the RO and asked the DAV rep that I am working with, why haven't I received a decision yet, she tried to convince me that I submitted more evidence in Jan 2016, and I did submit more evidence on another issue that I have pending that I am awaiting a c & p exam for. But the current claim I am awaiting, the c & p exam was performed in Oct 2015, and still no decision.

Edited by Palma114

Palma give your rep a call and ask them to call or email your DRO to ask for an update.